Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp cleaning

Cowboy_Ninja

Hah.  25K rounds and there's a lot of crap build up even with exclusively JHP.

Eventually it builds up enough that it starts to impinge on the crown which can't be good for accuracy, and the less volume and more weight aren't positive things in a comp.  Sucks to chip out, but I just suck it up every year or two.

I purchased this Dremel Engraver, and filed down the tip to create a chisel like tip.  It works pretty good.  Its the best thing I have found to remove build up on my GMR comp.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dremel-Engraver-3-Piece-1-speed-Corded-Amp-Multipurpose-Rotary-Tool-with-No-Case/999991746?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-tol-_-ggl-_-LIA_TOL_129_Power-Tools-_-999991746-_-local-_-0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=CjwKCAjwh4ObBhAzEiwAHzZYU8o-W3qMMEsNrMCJKTBIxlRwzTN2d8QaQJwVhIZfq7NuNYmdGyDK5BoCYCUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Boomstick303

2 hours ago, Cowboy_Ninja said:

Me being lazy here, I can be persuaded tho. How much performance does an open gun loose if you don’t ever clean the comp? I figure at some point sure it’s not doing it’s job. How often is it really necessary to clean the comp?

I bead blast mine every winter. Looks like new.

• 1 month later...