Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited

gunner40sw

I am just getting back into shooting and it seems that limited division is not to popular anymore. I am mostly set up for limited so and I enjoy the division. looks like a lot of carry optics and production. I did get a PCC setup and shot a couple of outdoor matches with that and I enjoyed it after all the eyes are getting older.

i imagine this varies depending on location, but CO seems to be hugely popular pretty much everywhere. Here in Idaho, pretty much no one shoots production, and only a handful of people shoot limited. I have really enjoyed learning some new things with CO, but I'm planning to go back to limited after new year's and see what I think. The good news is that limited and CO are fairly closely matched depending on the stage designs, so I'll still have the overall to evaluate my shooting.

At our last club match, there were 2 Prod, 3 Open, 3 Limited, and the rest CO. 

Looking at the numbers for Gator this coming weekend, there are 95 CO, 50 Open, 41 Limited, 38 PCC, with the remaining 23 shooters spread across Prod,SS, & Revo. 

Some of us are holdouts in Limited (my favorite division), but CO is currently king.

do you shoot major or minor. I am trying for the first time this week at shooting A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want. I have always shot major but I am a super senior now and the less felt recoil in my hands might help out I just have to only think As

3 hours ago, gunner40sw said:

do you shoot major or minor. I am trying for the first time this week at shooting A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want. I have always shot major but I am a super senior now and the less felt recoil in my hands might help out I just have to only think As

are you classified now ?
what are your goals ? IE class wins ? Overall standings ? Not shoot foot ? 
If you are not classified yet, but when you do, you want to compare/win your class then power factor doesnt matter...  If you classify shooting minor, you will fall where you fall and compete against others.
You will still be able to track your progress against local field, and classifier percents shooting minor.
Major  only matters if you are looking at over all division results,, OR you originally classified in major. OR  your class is Grandmaster.

One of the neat things about this game is you can always shoot against yourself. Calssifiers are actually a great skill tester. Even on regular stages you know when you make a mistake or have done something well. You know what you have to work on, why you're good at what you're good at and why you suck at what you suck at. This game is all about you, who cares what anyone else shoots. 

I only shoot Limited major. I’m 70 and the eyes are worn out. I can’t do much of anything close up without readers. I shoot using full frame reading glasses (not bifocals) and I have for years. The sights are in focus perfectly, the targets can be a little blurred, that doesn’t matter much. And I very much enjoy beating a lot of folks with optics.

41 minutes ago, TaterHead said:

I only shoot Limited major. I’m 70 and the eyes are worn out. I can’t do much of anything close up without readers. I shoot using full frame reading glasses (not bifocals) and I have for years. The sights are in focus perfectly, the targets can be a little blurred, that doesn’t matter much. And I very much enjoy beating a lot of folks with optics.

Another option is learn to shoot everything target focus with blurry sights.