Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos sc open experiences?

motosapiens

mrs moto wants to shoot open. i have seen several posts recommending the brazos semi custom guns as a reasonably priced entry point into open, but no posts from anyone who actually owns one. looking in the classifieds, no one ever seems to sell one. brazos has a pretty good reputation in the industry. looking for your thoughts and experiences.

12 hours ago, motosapiens said:

mrs moto wants to shoot open. i have seen several posts recommending the brazos semi custom guns as a reasonably priced entry point into open, but no posts from anyone who actually owns one. looking in the classifieds, no one ever seems to sell one. brazos has a pretty good reputation in the industry. looking for your thoughts and experiences.

Built out the short block kit and it's been running great for two seasons. Really affordable option and great customer service

I have a short block on order. @zzt seems to have some experience with the short block and seems to have nothing but good recommendations for it. their long standing reputation of great quality guns and parts, I’m surprised more people don’t recommend on here l, or go with the updated line of SC guns especially now that they incorporate cheely grips on their guns. 

In my opinion, the SC open gun is by far the best deal I’m the market right now. Not sure what the lead time is in the sc line but for $4900 you get a steel grip open gun with an rts2 that I would imagine runs 110%  They’ve been around forever and through the years it’s probably the least re-sold open gun (at least on here for the last 5-8 years) for probably good reason. 

2 hours ago, Shmella said:

I have a short block on order. @zzt seems to have some experience with the short block and seems to have nothing but good recommendations for it. their long standing reputation of great quality guns and parts, I’m surprised more people don’t recommend on here l, or go with the updated line of SC guns especially now that they incorporate cheely grips on their guns. 

In my opinion, the SC open gun is by far the best deal I’m the market right now. Not sure what the lead time is in the sc line but for $4900 you get a steel grip open gun with an rts2 that I would imagine runs 110%  They’ve been around forever and through the years it’s probably the least re-sold open gun (at least on here for the last 5-8 years) for probably good reason. 

Dont give away the secret haha

I let a couple of CO shooters I routinely shoot with shoot mine.  Both are now on the lookout for a Black Friday deal on an Open short block.  Same as my buddy Bull, who wants one for a backup gun.

No Black Friday deals on SBs.  Bob's behind.  I spoke to Bob a week and a half ago asking about availability.  Late Nov~Dec on SBs and next year on SCs.

The Brazos SC guns are just like his custom guns with one difference.  You don't get to pick what's in them, or how they look.  Bob uses his parts if he makes them, and EGW if he doesn't.  He would be silly not to.  I'm an EGW dealer.  When I build on a Brazos short block, I use Brazos parts, even though I get less of a discount.  Why?  They fit perfectly, so I don't have to do anything to them.  The time it saves me is worth the extra I have to pay for the parts.  The only Brazos part I would not recommend is his BCG ejector if you plan to use STI Gen 2 9mm mags.  If you slam them home on an open slide, they go past the mag catch shelf and up into the gun, jamming the slide.  You have to physically push the mag back down so the slide will close.  Not an issue with MBX mags.

47 minutes ago, zzt said:

The only Brazos part I would not recommend is his BCG ejector if you plan to use STI Gen 2 9mm mags.  If you slam them home on an open slide, they go past the mag catch shelf and up into the gun, jamming the slide.  You have to physically push the mag back down so the slide will close.  Not an issue with MBX mags.

is this prob just at slide lock and/or even with gun in battery?

10 hours ago, Shmella said:

Hmm. Open gun again already?!

I am running the SC Open this year, exclusively feeding it Eley factory ammo. 29 matches and counting without a hiccup (the gun, not the shooter lol). Zero issues with the guns or mags (MBX, purchased with the gun). For the money I could not be a more satisfied customer.