Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumbest rule ever - Leaving a POC not fully loaded is a PE to shoot a target in the open behind a vision barrier

extremist

So the way it's applied seems silly.

So if you are engaging targets from a POC and you run dry and the next target to shoot is behind a vision barrier, you get a PE if you don't reload before you move into the open.

The problem is they way it's typically implemented is you to move down a wall before you can see this target you are supposed to shoot.

YOU CANNOT SEE THE TARGET UNTIL YOU GET DOWN THERE SO WHY IS IT A PE TO RELOAD WHILE MOVING DOWN THERE TO THE POINT YOU CAN SEE AND SHOOT?

Well, the explanation goes, "Well they can see you even if you can't see them" .  WHAT?!?!?!

Vision Barriers are not hard cover, so theoretically, if the target can see you why can't you reload at POC and then just shoot through the cover, even though you can't see the target?

I don't have an issue with "surprise" targets that are visible as soon as you leave a POC and know that reloading before I leave and engage is reasonable, but if I have a 6 foot wall and a barrel stack to go down before seeing the target I am going to shoot, I should be able to reload down the wall.

Dumb rule.