Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Live fire practice setups in an action pit?

k2pichu

How do you guys set up target arrays when doing live fire practice in an action pit? I have four target stands and some soccer agility poles for "walls". I normally set up three targets a couple of yard apart with a mix of open and partials. This basic setup allows me to work on fundamentals such as transitions, throttle control, shooting on the move and shooting on entry and exit while keeping setup and teardown time to a minimum. I know of Ben Stoeger's live fire drills (https://www.benstoeger.com/livefire-drills), but are there any other resources I should also check out?  I'm looking for a few new ideas to add variety to an improve my live fire practice sessions. 

Thanks!

I haven't done this in a while.

If you have 4 stands take 4 golf balls and through them so they randomly fall at near the distance you want to practice.  They will give you a pretty good randomization of targets.  Add NSs and other goodies as you feel necessary.

I used to design speed shoots for matches like this as well.

@GigG That's a good idea! I'll have to try that out sometime.

For live fire practices, do you guys generally focus on one skillset for a training session, or do you do a mix of everything? I currently split my rounds between a few skillsets during my practice, but I'm wondering if it's better to focus on one aspect per training session, like one would do "chest day" or "leg day" for working out at the gym.