Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Recoil Springs

boudreux

2 hours ago, boudreux said:

Can somebody lead me to a place to get some x5 legion recoil springs? I found them on springer precision but they want $7.50 to ship them, just seeing if anybody else has other options. Thanks 

After using 1911 type springs for a while, TSA recommended I use the OEM length springs for best slide performance.  So I called ISMI and ordered a few in different weights.  They have performed flawlessly!

https://www.ismi-gunsprings.com/?product=p320-full-size-x5-recoil-springs

Tech was very helpful over the phone!

👍 

7 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

After using 1911 type springs for a while, TSA recommended I use the OEM length springs for best slide performance.  So I called ISMI and ordered a few in different weights.  They have performed flawlessly!

https://www.ismi-gunsprings.com/?product=p320-full-size-x5-recoil-springs

Tech was very helpful over the phone!

👍 

ISMI sells their 1911 spring for the p320.  Same part number. 

1 minute ago, echotango said:

ISMI sells their 1911 spring for the p320.  Same part number. 

Yea, I see that. 

However, the one's I received after talking with the tech, were the longer OEM type (length) springs.  And I was able to purchase a different weight than what is shown on the website.........

:)

54 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Yea, I see that. 

However, the one's I received after talking with the tech, were the longer OEM type (length) springs.  And I was able to purchase a different weight than what is shown on the website.........

:)

👍

I have used them. Also sprinco.  Any 1911 spring works. 

43 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Curious to what weight you landed on?  The link indicates full size.  Does that mean its for the 4.7" barrel?  Are you using this on the 5" guns?

Currently running ~135-136PF competition load, and using the 12# full (OEM) length spring.  This is in the MAX which is a 5".

Dealing with the medical setback, I'm slowly working my way back and still need to final chrono the load and do some testing/recording for sight return/tracking.  May have to go up or down a bit for perfection; but so far the 12# is functioning fine.

The Tech at ISMI was extremely helpful with what was actually available as they didn't put a lot of time in on the website shopping.

I understand that MANY shooters are using the 1911 length springs with great success; but when I started having some unusual FTEs with the 1911 springs, I went back to the factory length (ISMI) springs that Robert also recommended.  Working/functioning flawlessly so far.

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

On 10/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, HOGRIDER said:

I went back to the factory length (ISMI) springs that Robert also recommended.  Working/functioning flawlessly so far.

The ISMI spring is quite a bit shorter than the OEM spring and also shorter than the Wolff.  Are you sure it is an ISMI?  I have tried ISMI(12.5), Wolff(12, 13, 13V), Sig(12,14) and Sprinco(12,13) springs.  I have all here except Sprinco.  

Edited by echotango

48 minutes ago, echotango said:

The ISMI spring is quite a bit shorter than the OEM spring and also shorter than the Wolff.  Are you sure it is an ISMI?  I have tried ISMI(12.5), Wolff(12, 13, 13V), Sig(12,14) and Sprinco(12,13) springs.  I have all here except Sprinco.  

Not the ISMI springs I purchased.......as you can see the length of a new spring is just under 8.5".  My new Sig 12# spring that came with the pistol is just under 8".  Also have a couple of ISMI 13# and they are right about the same length........

ISMI RC Spring.png

17 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Not the ISMI springs I purchased.......as you can see the length of a new spring is just under 8.5".  My new Sig 12# spring that came with the pistol is just under 8".  Also have a couple of ISMI 13# and they are right about the same length........

ISMI RC Spring.png

Interesting. Mine are different/shorter.  6"

Edited by echotango

2 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Same packaging?  I ordered these direct from ISMI…….

Hmmmmm…….

The ones I previously got were(ones for my open guns), my most recent were not.  I am thinking they are not real ISMI. I emailed the company,  we'll see what they say. 

38 minutes ago, echotango said:

The ones I previously got were(ones for my open guns), my most recent were not.  I am thinking they are not real ISMI. I emailed the company,  we'll see what they say. 

Looking forward to hearing your results..........

👍

On 11/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, echotango said:

Interesting. Mine are different/shorter.  6"

@echotango

FWIW, I was just fumbling through some stuff and came across the ISMI 12.5 recoil springs I was using in the P320.  Also saw the NicTaylor00 spring calibration kit I had purchased.  The all measured right at +/- 6".

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/1911-recoil-spring-calibration-kit-p/1911-recoil-spring-calibration.htm

Attached is a pic of the ISMI packaging..........

HTHs

ISMI 12.5CS.png

I use the ISMI springs specifically made for, sold as, and marked on the packaging as for the X-5 in my x-5. They are definitely longer than those sold as and marked on the packaging for the 1911.

Switching back to a 13#.  First shot on the 12 cracked my glass.  I have cracked quite a few sights with a 12#.  I have so many new springs(Sig 12#, Wolff 13# var, ISMI 12#, ISMI 12.5) I am going to put them for sale.  I usually buy 3 or 6 at a time, lol.  Thanks for your help.