Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Mark 7 1050 Pro Autodrive have Bottom Slowdown?

I was watching a video by Mark 7 that gives an overview of their autodrive. I was impressed to see a feature called bottom slowdown. The guy in the video said it was designed for when you are trimming brass. I can see that this would be very useful when converting 223 into 300 blk. Well, I just set up a Mark 7 1050 Pro on my Dillon RL1100. I upgraded the software and the firmware and I don't see this feature. Is this just on the autodrive used with the Mark 7 presses?

I sent a message to Mark 7, but it was after they closed. Just thought I'd drop this same question here.

Thanks!

Here's the video and it is mentioned around the 3:10 minute mark

You clearly misled somebody. The tablet doesn't run the press it runs the drive. The drive runs the press.. The tablet is identical no matter what press is attached to the drive.

Ive run a 1050 Pro drive for years on a 1050. I run index slowdown slow so as not to shake powder out of major loaded cases.  What planet is this.

7 hours ago, Brooke said:

You clearly misled somebody. The tablet doesn't run the press it runs the drive. The drive runs the press.. The tablet is identical no matter what press is attached to the drive.

Ive run a 1050 Pro drive for years on a 1050. I run index slowdown slow so as not to shake powder out of major loaded cases.  What planet is this.

I've not misled anyone. Watch the video and see for yourself.  According to Jason at Mark 7 the software in the tablet for Mark 7 press autodrive is different than the software for the dillon press autodrive. He said they had talked about adding bottom slowdown to the dillon autodrive software. But that had been voted down for one reason for another. His words. I'm a bit miffed with Mark 7 for not having that feature for Dillon presses. I don't see any reason for excluding it.

I sure hope you pay more attention when you're loading than you do when replying to questions. Facts matter. Watch the video. There's facts there that are important to my question.

I live on earth, where do you live?

Edited by davidjon_99

42 minutes ago, Farmer said:

They don’t include it because they want you to buy their press. Just a guess. 

Could be the reason. Seems a bit petty, though, since you're shelling out $2k+ for their drive system. I don't think any of their competitors offer it either though. 

I would like to clarify this as I think some miscommunication (internally and externally) has occurred. 

While Bottom Slowdown is not currently available on 1050 auto drives, we are planning a software update for that in the near future, and have been planning it for some time. 

Can't provide specifics, but it will be a free download from our website. It will also include some other features that I can't go in to here. 

Hope that helps! 

2 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

I would like to clarify this as I think some miscommunication (internally and externally) has occurred. 

While Bottom Slowdown is not currently available on 1050 auto drives, we are planning a software update for that in the near future, and have been planning it for some time. 

Can't provide specifics, but it will be a free download from our website. It will also include some other features that I can't go in to here. 

Hope that helps! 

That sounds awesome! Thanks!