Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Square deal B primer installing

Okay so I put a new Blue Guide on the end of the primer tube, that goes down inside, Install the primer sensor and start loading. When things are going along smooth and all of the sudden there be no primer, the case sticks When I pull the handle they all fall out on the floor.

I had a couple of SQD's but never recall any primer issues. As far as I recall, the primer system is similar to the one of the 550's I have now.

If you install a new blue tip on the small primer tube, and when you insert it, you must align it so it slides into the primer housing system.

Here is what the manual says:

"The tab on the plastic Magazine Tip, red or blue, must be gently aligned with the slot down in the Primer Feed Body Housing and then should slide down about a 1/4” more."

On 10/25/2022 at 3:21 PM, usmc1974 said:

Okay so I put a new Blue Guide on the end of the primer tube, that goes down inside, Install the primer sensor and start loading. When things are going along smooth and all of the sudden there be no primer, the case sticks When I pull the handle they all fall out on the floor.

Yes, make sure the "blue tip" is orientated correctly. 

On a SDB, if the primers "all fall out on the floor", then the primer cutoff isn't working. It is the small white delrin pin behind the piece of spring steel. 

Ensure that it is in-tact, and moving freely, and that the spring is applying pressure.