Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help* Slide Racker Issue

SufferInSilence

On 10/28/2022 at 5:56 PM, SufferInSilence said:

Ok here goes... Im no micrometer whiz but hopefully this will get us close enough to know what were looking at 

internal measurements1.jpg

Outer measurements.jpg

for measuring the inside you will want to use just the very tip of the caliper, think only .1mm inside the dovetail 

this will get you much closer to a usable dimension, it will still be a bit undersized but not as bad as how you are showing it.

the depth from top of slide to the bottom of the cut will be helpful information. 

9 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

for measuring the inside you will want to use just the very tip of the caliper, think only .1mm inside the dovetail 

this will get you much closer to a usable dimension, it will still be a bit undersized but not as bad as how you are showing it.

the depth from top of slide to the bottom of the cut will be helpful information. 

Ok, I handed off the gun to a custom shop guy today that might be able to mill into it for a more proper fix.  🤞

I’ll keep y’all updated.  

• 3 weeks later...

I can see WHY he did it....

I never went with a 90-degree C-More mount, having poo-poo'ed the idea after looking through the first one I picked up, so I never gave consideration to what kind of four-inch long racker it would take to clear that set-up.

• 2 weeks later...