Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Square Body" Middy First Build

Cam73

1 hour ago, jbauman915 said:

I talked to him a couple weeks ago.  Still getting up and running in TX.   He's got a while yet until he's pumping them out.  

Sadly I just wrapped up order with final 3port and only have 2x 2ports left.  Sad panda. 

1 hour ago, donnyglock said:

Yep. He told me hopefully by the end of the year. With that laundry list of things I think we will be lucky to see them by end of next year. Lol. I wish him the best as he’s always been a great guy to work with. 

Bummer! It sucks having to use less favorable parts, but at the same time, good on him for making such an impactful product. His other projects are very impressive too!

As comps go, the writing is on the wall. Can the void left in the market really go untouched? That other one, also currently out of stock, has a big shop behind it…

How would a high performing steel 2 port full profile comp fit into the modern open gun profile? Weight/handling/balance ext. I know I’d have 1 more expensive  carbide end mill in my tool box (Jason too 😂) if steel was the go to material.

Edited by Cam73
Typos

18 hours ago, donnyglock said:

Yep. He told me hopefully by the end of the year. With that laundry list of things I think we will be lucky to see them by end of next year. Lol. I wish him the best as he’s always been a great guy to work with. 

Glad I was able to have one in my build. Talk about good (bad?) timing. Hope he'll be up and running soon.

I talked Don into building one of my 9mm middy's with a 3 port BE comp. Could not be happier!

I have another one sitting here with a bunch of other parts waiting to go to Don.

I can tell you not all comps are created equal. I tried another popular 2 port and man it was not even close to the BE comp.

20210324_153035 (Copy).jpg

11 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

I talked Don into building one of my 9mm middy's with a 3 port BE comp. Could not be happier!

I have another one sitting here with a bunch of other parts waiting to go to Don.

I can tell you not all comps are created equal. I tried another popular 2 port and man it was not even close to the BE comp.

20210324_153035 (Copy).jpg

Looks awesome, I like the stepped swoop cut and dimples. I'm thinking about dimples or diamond serrations on my next build. It's gonna be a lot of cranking.