Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oct 29, Nebraska club running the postal match stages...

If you haven't shot the postal match yet, or want to try it again (or do it in another division), the ICORE folks at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club near Louisville, NE will be running the four stages of the ICORE International Postal Match plus a classifier stage.

Saturday, Oct 29th, $15, registration is of course on Practiscore. 

https://practiscore.com/engc-october-2022-icore-match/register

Check-in by 8:30am, shooting starts at 9.  (Feel free to come earlier to help set up the stages!) 

If you are the area, come shoot some revo!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, pskys2 said:

Not to step on anyones toes, but if KC, KS is closer we are too.

All good.  If they wouldn't come to ours but they would make it to yours, then more people shooting is all good!

We had a fairly small turnout, but had a good time.  Shot the four postal match stages plus two classifiers.  Then 5 of us shot it in a second division, so it was even better.

Ended up having the classifiers bump people up in four divisions, and four others got classified in a new division, so that was good.

And hey, by the end of the match I was finally managing to get the casings to extract from my Classic gun, so my reloads started working!  :)

11 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

All good.  If they wouldn't come to ours but they would make it to yours, then more people shooting is all good!

We had a fairly small turnout, but had a good time.  Shot the four postal match stages plus two classifiers.  Then 5 of us shot it in a second division, so it was even better.

Ended up having the classifiers bump people up in four divisions, and four others got classified in a new division, so that was good.

And hey, by the end of the match I was finally managing to get the casings to extract from my Classic gun, so my reloads started working!  :)

Sounds like it was fun.  What do you shoot in Classic?  I cobbled together a M28-3 (I bought it new in 1974) with L Frame Safariland Comp III's and 38 Short Colts, and it actually worked really good.  No fumbles on reloading and no left over cases on ejection.  Had a new FS dovetailed in and thinking of having it cut for Moonclips?

I shot Classic in September and L6 and had a good match.  Shot Open & Limited Sunday and was too sloppy.  

We had 11 shooters and 13 guns.  Didn't run any classifiers though, did four back in July.

Take note for 2023 MCI (Mill Creek ICORE) will shoot  April and June through October on the 4th Sunday at 9 am.  May will be the 3rd Saturday at 9 am.

3 bays, 6 stages, 3 squads with up to 12 per squad.  I'm actually hoping to break 20 next year and average high teens for participation.

You or Don email me your scheduling for next year when you get it up, might try to get up there for some.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:44 AM, pskys2 said:

Sounds like it was fun.  What do you shoot in Classic?  I cobbled together a M28-3 (I bought it new in 1974) with L Frame Safariland Comp III's and 38 Short Colts, and it actually worked really good.  No fumbles on reloading and no left over cases on ejection.  Had a new FS dovetailed in and thinking of having it cut for Moonclips?

I shot Classic in September and L6 and had a good match.  Shot Open & Limited Sunday and was too sloppy.  

We had 11 shooters and 13 guns.  Didn't run any classifiers though, did four back in July.

Take note for 2023 MCI (Mill Creek ICORE) will shoot  April and June through October on the 4th Sunday at 9 am.  May will be the 3rd Saturday at 9 am.

3 bays, 6 stages, 3 squads with up to 12 per squad.  I'm actually hoping to break 20 next year and average high teens for participation.

You or Don email me your scheduling for next year when you get it up, might try to get up there for some.

Awhile back I picked up a 686 SSR Pro.  Shooting .38 SPL with Comp IIIs.  Haven't had a chance to give it to Sean yet to work his magic on it to make the trigger awesome, though the stock trigger isn't awful.  Definitely need to get a new set of grips for it--the factory grips stick out just that LITTLE bit too much and one casing tends to stick when coming out of the cylinder, which kills reload times.

We ended up with 13 shooters and 19 entries total, so 4 classification bumps and 4 new classifications makes for a good match.  :)

I'll talk to Don and see what he's planning.  (I think he has the date for the Midwest Regional set, too.)  And I'll let him know your schedule!

(Can people shoot 2 divisions at your matches, if there is room on the squad and they can switch gear quickly?)

5 hours ago, Thomas H said:

Awhile back I picked up a 686 SSR Pro.  Shooting .38 SPL with Comp IIIs.  Haven't had a chance to give it to Sean yet to work his magic on it to make the trigger awesome, though the stock trigger isn't awful.  Definitely need to get a new set of grips for it--the factory grips stick out just that LITTLE bit too much and one casing tends to stick when coming out of the cylinder, which kills reload times.

We ended up with 13 shooters and 19 entries total, so 4 classification bumps and 4 new classifications makes for a good match.  :)

I'll talk to Don and see what he's planning.  (I think he has the date for the Midwest Regional set, too.)  And I'll let him know your schedule!

(Can people shoot 2 divisions at your matches, if there is room on the squad and they can switch gear quickly?)

Yep I allow 2 guns.  For instance in can shoot open and limited with the same ammo and gear, I just swap guns.  Do steel challenge the same way.  Another rig and I can do l6 and classic, just change guns and ammo on them.  If I get the m28 cut for moonclips, I would only have to change ammo, from speed loaders to moonclips.

Eastern Nebraska Icore will hold matches again next year at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.

They will be held on the second Sunday in May, July, August,and October.

The Midwest is scheduled for the first Saturday in September.  This will get away from the CWS and should be nicer weather.

Hope to boost our numbers some this year.

Don

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 12:48 PM, pskys2 said:

Anyone seen results for the 2022 IPM?  Buddy at a match last night said he'd seen something.

You should have gotten an email from ICORE (the newest "The Cylinder's Turn") that included a discussion of the IPM, plus links to all of the results.

There are 10 links, and I'm typing from my phone, so...I'm not going to include them here. Sorry!  But check your email!

50 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

You should have gotten an email from ICORE (the newest "The Cylinder's Turn") that included a discussion of the IPM, plus links to all of the results.

There are 10 links, and I'm typing from my phone, so...I'm not going to include them here. Sorry!  But check your email!

Yep got it yesterday, you did quite well.  If you were classified think there would've been some money in it?

Hopefully you guys can make a few of our ICORE matches this year, I'll run the IPM multiple times, and maybe I can get a road trip for some of us to hit you guys.

Oh and maybe you can drop the bottom feeder for the Free State this year???  Might even get your name in a Front Sight article?!🤩

On 11/3/2022 at 8:10 PM, abbafandr said:

Eastern Nebraska Icore will hold matches again next year at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.

They will be held on the second Sunday in May, July, August,and October.

The Midwest is scheduled for the first Saturday in September.  This will get away from the CWS and should be nicer weather.

Hope to boost our numbers some this year.

Don

Unfortunately, the Rocky Mountain match is the weekend before.  I plan on shooting that and then heading up into the mountains for a week.

Will you guys have some ICORE classifiers with your Sunday matches?

Edited by BadShot

1 hour ago, BadShot said:

Unfortunately, the Rocky Mountain match is the weekend before.  I plan on shooting that and then heading up into the mountains for a week.

I usually have the cof's on practice score.  April has 3 classifiers, probably run more with the ipm's.

21 hours ago, BadShot said:

We normally run a classifier or two at every match.  Or at least we did last year, and I'm sure we'll do it again this year.

Here's the current schedule of when the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club will be having ICORE matches in 2023:

Sat, Apr 22
Sat, Mat 13
Sun, Jun 4
Sat, Jul 1
Sat, Aug 12
Sun, Sept 10
Sat, Oct 14

We don't have registration for them up on Practiscore yet (the Midwest Regional is, though!), but we'll probably get at least the first couple up fairly soon.

...I think I'll post this as the start of another thread, just to make sure that info is out there.

23 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

On my schedule now, no issues with our ICORE, but some local USPSA conflicts.  I do plan on attending some this year.

What times do you usually start, how late could one show up?

Currently "normal" is that gates open at 7:30 (and people are welcome and actively invited to come and help set up stages!), and you can check in any time up until 8:30, after which we'll finalize everything.  (If you are on your way, know you are going to be there, and are running a little late but want to make sure you get checked in, messaging one of us to check you in is okay, especially if you stay after to help tear down :) )Shooter's meeting at 9 (new shooter briefing at 8:45 if needed), and we go after that. 

If things are going REALLY badly, as long as you are there prior to your squad finishing their first stage, we can make it work.  But there had better be a good reason, and you'll probably owe us donuts.

1 hour ago, Thomas H said:

Currently "normal" is that gates open at 7:30 (and people are welcome and actively invited to come and help set up stages!), and you can check in any time up until 8:30, after which we'll finalize everything.  (If you are on your way, know you are going to be there, and are running a little late but want to make sure you get checked in, messaging one of us to check you in is okay, especially if you stay after to help tear down :) )Shooter's meeting at 9 (new shooter briefing at 8:45 if needed), and we go after that. 

If things are going REALLY badly, as long as you are there prior to your squad finishing their first stage, we can make it work.  But there had better be a good reason, and you'll probably owe us donuts.

🤣🤣🤣🤑gotcha bring 🍩🤣🤣🤣