Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The IRC is in two weeks. Anybody seen the match booklet yet?

ysrracer

All good questions; I hope we get some answers!

I don't mind not having stage diagrams (although the concerns about practicing stages on Facebook seem a bit strange to me; they never go down quite the same), but start times, food/water, and all the other match book info would be nice.

I recall I heard 300 rounds when the ICORE folks sent my new membership information.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:07 PM, Fishbreath said:

All good questions; I hope we get some answers!

I don't mind not having stage diagrams (although the concerns about practicing stages on Facebook seem a bit strange to me; they never go down quite the same), but start times, food/water, and all the other match book info would be nice.

I recall I heard 300 rounds when the ICORE folks sent my new membership information.

IRC, almost as a matter of unenforced tradition, it ends up being ~335 rounds somehow...at least since I started shooting it which has been since 2010.   Traditionally(again), IRC AM is 8am first shots and PM is 1PM first shots, but no idea what it will be in this case.

A reliable source said this year is 290 + chrono.  No info is far and near will be back or not, I doubt it.   When the match goes back west next year I am guessing for sure it will return.

"practicing stages" based on matchbook is very silly, this was an "issue/drama" last year if I recall as well.  Pretty sure it did not effect the outcome...Likewise, i do want to know if SHO/WHO, unloaded pickups, turn and draws, etc...just to brush up,  or if they put in a high round count stage(42+) which happens from time to time...

Because Gorka is the MD, I am expecting a very IPSC style match..hard partials, activator sequences, etc...but its just speculation.