Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams followers in Canik mags

jasmap

I got a couple of Henning +4 badepads for my Canik mags and I swapped out the factory springs/followers for the CZ Shadow 2 Grams spring/follower 11-coil. I was able to get 23+1 but I immediately started getting nose dives frequently. I eventually took out the Grams springs/followers in my mags and put the factory springs/followers back in and it works but I'm losing capacity. When I pulled the Grams guts I noticed that there was a lot more friction with the Grams follower than with the factory follower.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's a small difference but I want the capacity back up to 23+1.

2 hours ago, jasmap said:

I got a couple of Henning +4 badepads for my Canik mags and I swapped out the factory springs/followers for the CZ Shadow 2 Grams spring/follower 11-coil. I was able to get 23+1 but I immediately started getting nose dives frequently. I eventually took out the Grams springs/followers in my mags and put the factory springs/followers back in and it works but I'm losing capacity. When I pulled the Grams guts I noticed that there was a lot more friction with the Grams follower than with the factory follower.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's a small difference but I want the capacity back up to 23+1.

I have only one magazine that I run 23+1 in. In order to get this to run reliably, I cut one coil off the bottom of the spring. If I do not, there is too much upward pressure on the bottom of the slide from the magazine being fully loaded and the gun will often not have enough force to load the very first round in the chamber after firing my first shot.

Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, jasmap said:

Thanks. With mine the follower has a lot of friction/contact with the mag. It's like the follower drags on the inside of the tube. And it's with multiple Grams followers in multiple mags.

Load the magazine up couple times and take the follower back out. Look on the sides of the follower to see where it is rubbing against the inside of the magazine. Take some material off where it is rubbing with some 1000 grit sand paper. Rinse and repeat until it is running smooth with little friction. Had to do the same thing with mine. Now I just use the same followers and swap out only the spring when needed.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:20 PM, ngodwetrust21 said:

Load the magazine up couple times and take the follower back out. Look on the sides of the follower to see where it is rubbing against the inside of the magazine. Take some material off where it is rubbing with some 1000 grit sand paper. Rinse and repeat until it is running smooth with little friction. Had to do the same thing with mine. Now I just use the same followers and swap out only the spring when needed.

Good idea. Thank you. I'm going to do that.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, lroy said:

I hit mine with a little dry silicone. Says it doesn't attract dirt, but who knows. Grams followers work great for 23+1 in mine though.

I agree. With almost all my mags, after I brush the tube inside I usually push a silicone rag through one time. I've done it for years and it's always worked well. This time it just happened to be the follower was just barely rubbing/grabbing inside the tube. I'm pretty sure I've got it worked out now. Thanks.