Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Glock trigger

Zachjet

I don’t know much about glocks, but a retired Nypd buddy of mine asked me to change the trigger on his old old (gen2??) g19 

It had the Nypd 12# trigger.  He just wants it back to normal Glock specs. He doesn’t care it we change everything. Or just some springs.   He just wants a normal trigger weight safe for CCW.

This is what I think would work. But wanted to ask you guys before ordering anything 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1025648392?pid=280165

can you guys point me in the right direction? 

here is a pic of the gun.  I’m Pretty sure it’s a gen 2 

17682656-B7B3-4EA4-B1E3-01C7896E3C9C.jpeg

You can just replace the trigger spring for $3. The NY trigger spring is either Olive Drab or Orange, remove the NY spring out of the trigger housing and toss it. Install the OEM trigger spring. Make sure you orient the OEM trigger spring in the correct "S configuration" direction when installing. You tube videos will be useful so that you get the spring in the correct direction and install the slide stop correctly as far as the pin and spring orientation is concerned.

Any recommendation where to buy from? 

1 hour ago, Nightforce said:

You can just replace the trigger spring for $3. The NY trigger spring is either Olive Drab or Orange, remove the NY spring out of the trigger housing and toss it. Install the OEM trigger spring. Make sure you orient the OEM trigger spring in the correct "S configuration" direction when installing. You tube videos will be useful so that you get the spring in the correct direction and install the slide stop correctly as far as the pin and spring orientation is concerned.

Replace the striker spring, trigger spring as mentioned above, and get a new stock plastic recoil rod/spring. with factory parts.

make sure you have standard or + connector. Maybe $10 or $15 in parts.
clean and lightly lube.

your set.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:31 AM, Cuz said:

You can also send it back to Glock and they’ll refresh all the internals for free and give it an inspection too. Since it is pretty old, and it is going to be used for CCW. 

What he said....

In my experience, turn-around time would be less than two weeks or so.  Worth it to have any internals updated.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:31 AM, Cuz said:

You can also send it back to Glock and they’ll refresh all the internals for free and give it an inspection too. Since it is pretty old, and it is going to be used for CCW. 

There are images on the web that show the difference between the stock spring and the NY version.  But as stated above send it to Glock and let them put it back to stock.

It was so simple.  The ny trigger is a plastic L with a small spring.  Took all of 15 minutes

my first time with a Glock. I get why people I’ve them…. There’s nothing to them.   That being said. I’ll stick with my smiths for plastic guns lol 

thanks again guys