Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Carry Optics - Light? yes or no? If a light what holster? How about back up sights?

midvalleyshooter

2 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

This is what I ended up with and I like it. My off hand index and also index in awkward positions is a work in progress. So these sights allow me to quickly index the pistol if I lose the dot.

I spoke to Dawson Tech Support and they assisted me in picking out the sights I wanted. They are very low in the SRO window but work great for me.

IMG_3666.jpg

Nice, but I would change out the red fiber for green or yellow. I confuse too easily to have a red dot sight, and a red front sight. 

2 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

This is what I ended up with and I like it. My off hand index and also index in awkward positions is a work in progress. So these sights allow me to quickly index the pistol if I lose the dot.

I spoke to Dawson Tech Support and they assisted me in picking out the sights I wanted. They are very low in the SRO window but work great for me.

IMG_3666.jpg

I agree with cuz. I would see if I could put a black fiber in your front sight. I run a different plastic gun and have suppressor sights set up real low like that, but they're all black and you literally don't notice them at all unless you start looking for them. I left them on my gun simply because I used a vortex dot that I don't have a lot of trust in, but it's what I had at the time. So far it's still working though LOL. Also mine are low enough, that even if I put a better dot on it I will probably just leave them. 

I did not intend to order the fiber rear sight. Meant to get all black. My plan was to run green fiber in the front, all black rear sight. But when I saw the sights (they came this way) I figured I would give them a try.

So far they work pretty well for me. Keep in mind I will be a Super Senior by the end of this month and my 20/15 vision is long a thing of the past:) Add to that I have Parkinsons with a pretty strong tremor in my left hand. So I am doing this because I enjoy it and find the bright fibers pretty easy to pickup if the dot is off. This brings the dot into the aperture window of the SRO. The red fiber front looks nothing like the SRO dot. But going forward if I get confused it is easy to change the fiber color:)

Thanks every one that posted for all the input!

This is what is working for me, though it may change. But as always YMMV.

Edited by midvalleyshooter