Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 AZ State Revolver Championship is in the books.

The good, the bad, the ugly. Just kidding there was no ugly (well maybe one stage, ok two)

I had a couple of good stages where I came in 15th out of 55, and a couple of not so good stages, where I didn't 

Held yearly at the Phoenix Rod And Gun Club, this year's match didn't disappoint. Bob Border, Lonnie, Richard, Rob, Emma, the guys driving the snack cart, the whole crew at PRGC, all the ROs, and the lunch crew all did a great job. THANK YOU.

We even had nice weather. It threatened to rain, but all we had was welcomed cooler weather. It rained on the way home, but hey, a free car wash.

Eight stages, 240 rounds, steel poppers, cardboard floppers, steel plates, no Texas Star, snacks, and a delicious lunch of brisket and bratwurst.

My squad moved thru the stages quickly. We were supposed to start at 8:00, but we were pulling the trigger by 7:45, done by noon. Lunch, awards, and war stories were done by 1:00pm.

That's right, an 8 stage ICORE match with lunch and prizes, and we were done by 1.

Special thanks to Ruger for donating two pistols and a rifle, and to Hogue (we're all sorry for your loss) and thanks to Vortex, Revolver Supply, TK Custom, Bore Tips, Hunters HD Gold, Bang and Clang, Starline, and anybody else I might have forgotten that generously donated or helped with the match.

Who am I not thanking? The petty guys in the valley that could have shot our match, but didn't. When we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're all losers, well, you guys are losers 

Any whom, it was a great match, next year's is already scheduled for January 27, 2023, DON'T MISS OUT.

https://practiscore.com/2023-ruger-hogue-arizona-state-revolver-championship-at-phoenix-rod-gun-club-staff/register

I'm still working on the gun cam videos.

4 minutes ago, varminter22 said:

I saw that too.  I called before the match and was told it was NOT an ICORE match.

yeh I seem to recall the flyer for this,,,   match flyer with no mention of what ruleset was being used. Or not noticeably mentioned..
Jan may be a good time for me, usually no work that time of year... May have to check out an Icore or 2. Have only watched a couple videos,, 30 round COF though may not be my cup of tea, but I live in area that seems to have a couple matches. Will at least check it out if I get the chance and dont run out of loaded 148"s

Edited by Joe4d

44 minutes ago, varminter22 said:

I saw that too.  I called before the match and was told it was NOT an ICORE match.

My understanding is it's a revolver match held under ICORE rules, but it's not an officially sanctioned ICORE match.

But really what's the difference? It's a chance to shoot your revolver with 50 or so other guys and girls shooting their revolvers.

Wait a second, are you an east-valley guy?

:)

6 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

... are you an east-valley guy?

No.  But, pray tell, what does that have to do with the topic?

As I recall, the PRGC is an ICORE club; I just wondered why have a big "Non ICORE" match.  

Edited by varminter22

6 minutes ago, varminter22 said:

No.  But, pray tell, what does that have to do with the topic?

As I recall, the PRGC is an ICORE club; I just wondered why have a big "Non ICORE" match.  

I honestly don't know, I was just there to have fun. And I did.

Well that worked out for me but you need to be up front with this kind of thing. I’m a new MD at the lone Oregon ICORE club and I was trying to convince our NW board rep. to come down and check it out with an eye to our eventually hosting a major. As it turned out, logistics prevented us from coming but it would have been a huge disappointment if we’d spent the time and money to come down only to find out it’s not an ICORE match.

well the difference is , If you want folks to sign up, pay for and travel to a game, you at least need to tell them what the game is..
I mean for me, being sanctioned or what not doesnt matter, but Id at least like to know what the rules are,  Equipment, ammo, type of stages to expect.. 
Also when I see a flyer like that that leaves out such critical information, it leads me to question the professionalism of the match itself...

Edited by Joe4d

10 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

well the difference is , If you want folks to sign up, pay for and travel to a game, you at least need to tell them what the game is..
I mean for me, being sanctioned or what not doesnt matter, but Id at least like to know what the rules are,  Equipment, ammo, type of stages to expect.. 
Also when I see a flyer like that that leaves out such critical information, it leads me to question the professionalism of the match itself...

Blah, blah, blah, glad you had fun Brad.

Thanks Joe :)