Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Rule Change Announcement... When?

pcs352

34 minutes ago, Sinister4 said:

Bingo for me at least, my reload times exactly the same magwell or not. 

My good reloads are the same. My bad reloads are not. Really with a magwell my bad reloads are non existent. But reloading my CZ for example I mess up some times. If we allow magwells I don't think I'd ever need to practice a reload again. So I guess that's a plus. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

My good reloads are the same. My bad reloads are not. Really with a magwell my bad reloads are non existent. But reloading my CZ for example I mess up some times. If we allow magwells I don't think I'd ever need to practice a reload again. So I guess that's a plus. 

However I view good reloads as a important part of the sport, It just depends on what the powers that be desire I guess

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

It's interesting how it's become "and magwells" the case has been SAO on Striker guns are equal so they should be in the same division. Is no magwell to magwell also equal or is it just more I don't want to practice reloads so make them easier and less frequent?

For me, my carryops gun that I actually carry has a magwell when I carry it. So when I shoot a match with it I have to take the mag well off. So yeah, I'm for mag wells in carryop. I also like the idea of Sao guns as well, although I don't have one and probably wouldn't buy one

1 hour ago, RJH said:

For me, my carryops gun that I actually carry has a magwell when I carry it. So when I shoot a match with it I have to take the mag well off.

I heard the same bulls#!t about flashlights.  Hardly anyone shoots with a flashlight where I live and nobody shoots their carry gun in USPSA.

But you're special.

4 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I heard the same bulls#!t about flashlights.  Hardly anyone shoots with a flashlight where I live and nobody shoots their carry gun in USPSA.

But you're special.

Damn, my carryops/ carry gun does have a flashlight...

An actual tlr1 though, not a brass weight with an LED lol.

It's almost like my carryops gun is an actual carry gun. Not a 45 + ounce gamer gun that people try to act like is an actual carry gun. Which is fine as long as they don't piss and moan about equipment races, cause if they do that it makes them seem pretty hypocritical.

So what gun do you shoot?

3 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

A Glock 17.  Without tungsten guide rods.  Or brass grip plugs.  Or a flashlight.

For some reason I was pretty sure I'd read you were a CZ guy, what happened to your cz?

3 hours ago, Sinister4 said:

....my reload times exactly the same magwell or not. 

Then your reloads are slow. 

A great big funnel with self correcting features (like a Limcat magwell, etc) is going to be faster and more consistent than trying to reload on the run without one. More margin for error allows you to push speed. This really isn't even debatable.

(And yes, despite shooting Open, I practice reloads)

3 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

this is true, and almost no one good shoots with a flashlight or weight, but i think allowing it evens the field a bit and lets sissies and weaklings who are poor add weight to their existing guns instead of having to buy a custom shop gun. the flashlight rule has had literally zero effect on the higher levels of the sport. 

3 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

this is true, and almost no one good shoots with a flashlight or weight, but i think allowing it evens the field a bit and lets sissies and weaklings who are poor add weight to their existing guns instead of having to buy a custom shop gun. the flashlight rule has had literally zero effect on the higher levels of the sport. 

That's right, let us poor, sissy, weaklings alone. Also the trigger on my plastic gun is so heavy I can hardly pull it for more than one stage, that is why am for SAOs and think they should be allowed too. Lifting mags straight is hard with my weak 8 years old girl equivalent arms, hence the need for the magwell.

And to be honest it has no effect on any level of the sport. The only thing it has an effect on is enjoyment, so quit being a bunch of Boomer Karens and whining about rule changes 🤣🤣

If you're not winning, work harder and quit worrying about the other guy's gun. Start worrying about why you suck, it'll have much more effect on your scores

3 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

lol, I am not worried about the other guys gun. I’m worried about lazy lame people changing the rules instead of putting in the work within the existing rules.

Meh, the division with the most rule changes in The last 5 years is carry-ops, the division with the most competitors is carry ops. Maybe most people don't mind the rule changes. Every time they make the guns more fun to shoot the overall competitor numbers go up.

There's rules stability in all the other divisions, and all the other divisions have dwindling numbers. Maybe it's not a coincidence

3 minutes ago, RJH said:

Meh, the division with the most rule changes in The last 5 years is carry-ops, the division with the most competitors is carry ops. Maybe most people don't mind the rule changes. Every time they make the guns more fun to shoot the overall competitor numbers go up.

There's rules stability in all the other divisions, and all the other divisions have dwindling numbers. Maybe it's not a coincidence

you appear to be making the argument that changing rules is the way to increase popularity. that sounds pretty dumb if you say it out loud.

at any rate, carry optics appears to already be more than popular enough.

21 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

I’m worried about lazy lame people changing the rules instead of putting in the work within the existing rules.

Because allowing lazy people to use any gun is going to suddenly allow them to compete at a higher level.  So I guess you can buy points.

I guess it is all about the gun.

3 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

it is partly about the gun. we have divisions for a reason.

I am not opposed to creating a new division that we could call whiny little bitch optics for people that want to shoot single action with mag wells.

6 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

you appear to be making the argument that changing rules is the way to increase popularity. that sounds pretty dumb if you say it out loud.

at any rate, carry optics appears to already be more than popular enough.

I'm really more making the argument that changing the rules does not seem to affect popularity as long as the rule change makes the gun more interesting.

Saying carryops is popular enough seems a lot like something Britton USA would say lol

1 minute ago, motosapiens said:

it is partly about the gun. we have divisions for a reason.

I am not opposed to creating a new division that we could call whiny little bitch optics for people that want to shoot single action with mag wells.

I thought we already created whiny little b**** optics, it was about five or six years ago and people said if you wanted to shoot a dot shoot in open. But instead we got carryops, which sucked, until they started changing the rules and making the guns more fun to shoot 

14 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Because allowing lazy people to use any gun is going to suddenly allow them to compete at a higher level.  So I guess you can buy points.

Yep, as soon as they allow 2011s into carryops you're looking at the next national champion. I'm not going to put any more work in of course, just buy gun a that makes me magically dominate the rest of the field 🤣🤣

It would see now is a good time to correct a rule made on a flawed premise when carryops was devised

Edited by RJH

23 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

I am not opposed to creating a new division

I am not opposed to replacing low participation boomer divisions with divisions that allow guns people love to shoot, they way they come configured and stop ignoring innovations in firearms and optics.

There is a reason participation numbers in CO dwarf just about every other division.  It's not low capacity and iron sights.   

10 hours ago, motosapiens said:

lol, I am not worried about the other guys gun. I’m worried about lazy lame people changing the rules instead of putting in the work within the existing rules.

And that's why I like you