Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training while overseas

X5SigChris

Mods, please relocate if there’s a better area or another post related to this. I couldn’t find one. Thank you very much. 

So I have a question for the folks that their work takes them to locations where they can’t train well. Long story short, I’ll be leaving for about five months and won’t be able to take a firearm with me. So no live fire or dry firing. I can bring some dry fire targets and at bare minimum shadow them as if I were walking a stage but after that im out of ideas. 

I considered ordering something like this…

https://nextleveltraining.com/product/sirt-20/

that way I can somewhat dry fire. I shoot a x5 in CO so this is close-ish. 

Im open to any and all recommendations y’all may have to help me and others in similar positions not fall far behind the power curve. Thank you! 

@CClassForLifeused to have a video on how he trained on vacation.  It involved using a banana to airgun.

Depending on where you're going and how much privacy you have, you might get some odd looks in lodging or at the gym waving a banana around, but if nothing else you can always work on footwork.  You could probably also mock up something out of cardboard and some acetate overlays to give yourself something to grip and practice shot calling and transitions.

Using a banana is not above me lol. I took a ten year break from shooting and finally got back into it this year and having a blast. Damn sure don’t want to lose the effort I’ve put in this year. Bring on the goofy looks lol

• 2 months later...

I lived  on university campus for 4 years with little access to real guns.  Airsoft replicas, SRT, and other tools will keep vision, grip, etc.  Gun handling from a rig comes back quick when back stateside.  CS

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 12:50 AM, csailer said:

I lived  on university campus for 4 years with little access to real guns.  Airsoft replicas, SRT, and other tools will keep vision, grip, etc.  Gun handling from a rig comes back quick when back stateside.  CS

I hear that this guy did pretty well with this setup 😉

The OP should listen to this advice