Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbon Arms or M2 ratchets for ELS belts?

DIYguy

Went to my first 3Gun match this Saturday to talk to other shooters and get gear and match advice. Been shooting USPSA for years, PRS amateur but haven't shot 3Gun yet. Still waiting for my Safariland 6390 holster, have the ELS basketweave belt ordered, ELS clips etc. Went to Carbon Arms to order the $20 ratchet set and at checkout was informed can not place order, does not meet minimum order of $25. WTF? Didn't anything else they sold I was interested in and have an issue with "we won't sell to you unless you spend more money" Been seeing ratchets marked M2 which seems to be the other version in use.

Any additional info or opinions?

I use carbon arms on all my belts. My main belt sees dryfire an average of five days a week and matches. No issues yet on any of them. If you can get past the minimum transaction limit buy with confidence. 

Can't speak to the other brand you mention. 

The ratchet system is nothing more than a part of a snow board binding, if your somewhere "snowy" you can get the parts, or order them on line. Maybe cheaper? I don't know, but it seems to me you could figure it out. 

27 minutes ago, DIYguy said:

Been seeing ratchets marked M2 which seems to be the other version in use.

These work fine as I use them.  Although I believe if my memory serves me correct these also have a minimum order amount, on their site.  

Wow.... Just called Carbon Arms to try and place the order over the phone and just pay the extra. Found out two weeks ago their merchant service provider dropped them and blocked them because the credit card company does not provide service to companies in the gun industry. This is a prime example of the ESG political crap going on. Another back door attempt at the 2nd amendment. They have tried other merchant service providers but seems all the ones they tried will not do business with companies related to the gun industry.

This would give you two full sets to set up two belts or have spares, and I found bunches of different ones on line by merely googlizing ratcheting snowboard bindings. These are $25.00 for the set.Screenshot_20221016-132404.thumb.png.f8e3e4311d4e73b778ed40d8490e6171.png 

Edited by kurtm