Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 2.0 Metal Frame Action Parts

SteelCityShooter

I just purchased an M&P9 2.0 Metal Frame and was wondering if anyone has installed the Apex sear/sear spring and strike block/spring from the polymer 2.0 guns in one of them.  Did they work properly? I have those Apex parts I removed from a 2.0 Compact before I sold it and wanted to install them in my new Metal Frame but wanted to check that there is no problem doing so.

I called Apex and they were hesitant to give their approval as they haven't done a lot of testing.  That may be their  lawyers more than the techies talking.

I also called S&W and was told the internals are identical in the Metal Frame and polymer frame guns and my visual inspection says this is correct so the Apex parts should work fine, right?  Finally I called Timney to ask if their M&P triggers also worked in the Metal Frames and was told they work in any M&P which says there is no difference.

Am I missing anything?

Edited by SteelCityShooter

• 2 weeks later...

Look at all the advertisement, and look at that videos on YouTube, I thought it must have had a pretty great trigger already. Anyway I just ordered a new 1 it should be here in about 7 days because I have to send a money order to save the credit card fee's. This will be my 1st venture into the smith and Wesson M&P guns. It is kind of exciting I'm hoping for the best What do you guys think?

The OEM trigger pull on the M&P2.0 Metal Frame is certainly better than the original M&P 1.0 and a bit better than the factory pull on the standard 2.0.   However, my older 5" M&P9 2.0 is used for competition so the trigger pull is important and the Apex parts made a huge improvement.   I want the same improvement in my Metal Frame.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

The OEM trigger pull on the M&P2.0 Metal Frame is certainly better than the original M&P 1.0 and a bit better than the factory pull on the standard 2.0.   However, my older 5" M&P9 2.0 is used for competition so the trigger pull is important and the Apex parts made a huge improvement.   I want the same improvement in my Metal Frame.

Put the parts in and try it, I can't imagine S&W completely redesigning the gun, it wouldn't make economic sense on a gun with a $899.00 MSRP.