Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro tip: Searching for matches on Practiscore

mpmo

After 3 years of using Practiscore, I've found a new to me way to search for matches. Most if not all of you might know this method, but just sharing in case some of you don't or haven't tried. I like it because it is organized and I can see it in order of timeline and see which ones are open for registration.

First, select any clubs you are interested in (takes a bit of time but worth it, IMO) and follow them by clicking on Clubs at the top and searching. Once you have all the clubs you want to see matches for, you can go to Find Events on your Dashboard. It gives you 2 lists. The top one is not crazy helpful (matches from clubs you have shot) but the bottom one gives you everything, in date order. Pretty cool.  It's also now occurring to me just how lucky I am that I live in an area where I can pick and choose almost every weekend... 

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 2.36.40 PM.png

7 minutes ago, CC3D said:

Thanks for this. Been a pain trying to locate alternative matches near me- maybe I'm dumb for not finding this sooner lol

Well, it took me 3 years...so...

1 hour ago, mpmo said:

After 3 years of using Practiscore, I've found a new to me way to search for matches. Most if not all of you might know this method, but just sharing in case some of you don't or haven't tried. I like it because it is organized and I can see it in order of timeline and see which ones are open for registration.

First, select any clubs you are interested in (takes a bit of time but worth it, IMO) and follow them by clicking on Clubs at the top and searching. Once you have all the clubs you want to see matches for, you can go to Find Events on your Dashboard. It gives you 2 lists. The top one is not crazy helpful (matches from clubs you have shot) but the bottom one gives you everything, in date order. Pretty cool.  It's also now occurring to me just how lucky I am that I live in an area where I can pick and choose almost every weekend... 

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 2.36.40 PM.png

Did you know that the clubs you follow auto populate their matches to your calendar?  It's the same list you found in a different display.

1 hour ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Did you know that the clubs you follow auto populate their matches to your calendar?  It's the same list you found in a different display.

The calendar feature is cool in theory but its too cluttered and not readable since most of the day block is filled with "Open Registration" and "Closed Registration" prefixes so you can't really read anything. It does need another color/category of just the event itself, not including the open/close dates. 

It does however show you the clubs that clone events/matches without editing all the date fields though. 

I mostly stick to the Find Events list from the dashboard, though I wish the list of matches from places you participated at would be more current about what clubs I go to and also only show places I follow. My list is 60% Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, but I have not shot a match there in nearly 2 years and I don't follow it. 

5 hours ago, broadside72 said:

The calendar feature is cool in theory but its too cluttered and not readable since most of the day block is filled with "Open Registration" and "Closed Registration" prefixes so you can't really read anything. It does need another color/category of just the event itself, not including the open/close dates.

Maybe look at it on a decent screen and not a phone?

Works just fine for me and it's my main management tool.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...