Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat tungsten guide rod

masonuspsa1

Wilson quit making that 5 ounce rod, I think Ross Carter started making them again but also stopped due to lack of demand.  Springs were available for them by wolff I believe. I've got a couple and bought a bunch of springs along time ago. The problem with making this rod is the cost of the tungsten, you have to start with a rod with a diameter of the head and turn it down to a 3/8" shaft. A steel head can be made and threaded onto a 3/8" rod to cut the cost down on the tundsten. The original rod was advertised as a 5 ounce rod but the ones I have weigh less (4.5 oz).

Rich

I use the Cominolli tungsten/shock buff guide rods. Been using them for decades without issues. Regular recoil springs. I don’t know if they are still made or if Mr. Cominolli is still making them? I know he made a safety for Glocks as well.

6 minutes ago, masonuspsa1 said:

I know the EGW one, I am specifically looking for the Wilson Combat, because it's almost twice the weight of EGW.

Did you try calling Wilson to see if they had any laying around in storage? I did that with an XS Sight I was looking for; they had a few left in storage, just weren’t making anymore so no longer listing them on the website. A long shot but you never know.