Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SAR K12 & K12 Sport.. Another "Q"

mikeAZ

Continuation of my query,  SAR K12 & the K12 Sport??? Why was a double action version not made?.. As nice as they are, Doesn't look like they can be used in most USPSA events, other than open? Even then, I can't find a barrel/compensator combo that would drop in? I don't know why a Manufacturer (Sar) would not offer this conversion and then get these models listed for USPSA competition... It would seem to be relatively simple as they mimic CZ & Tanfoglio in many ways ?. They are mistakenly listed in some Sar literature. as "Double Action?.. I have contacted "Felix" @ Sarusa, nothing yet...

They would fit just fine in Limited or limited 10 minor.

It would take more money than the retail value of these guns to make them into competitive open guns.

These guns should be compatible with many Tanfoglio parts. I suspect Tanfoglio double action parts could be made to work but that won't allow it to be used in Production or Carry Optics.

Edited by himurax13

Yes, most likely there are CZ/Tan. parts available for the conversion to double action, My question is why didn't Sar make their own version of these parts? or offer a "kit", since they just most likely copied their version of the single action gun? .  I've read that some Sar triggers are all ready compatible for "double action" and the correct CZ/Tan. decocker levers, spring will work in the K12 & the K12 Sport??? Why was a double action version not made?.. As nice as the Sar's are, Doesn't look like they can be used in most USPSA events, other than open/limited ? because they are single action.   As for "Limited" class , most would argue that "major" (40 S&W) will top "minor" (9mm) 99% of the time for scoring, who knows? Henning reportedly has a Sar K12, maybe he will know the true scoop? As far as an "open" gun, CZ Custom may have the correct combo for open?. Price a CZ Checkmate and the cost of making a K12 into an open gun... You might be surprised?...

Edited by mikeAZ
spelling

• 1 month later...

Hello, for the threaded barrel you can buy it directly off the SARUSA site.  I believe it's $159.  I have the K12 Sport with a Dawson fiber optic front site and it's by far my favorite 9mm target pistol.  I prefer that over my CZ TSO.  I just ordered the K12 Sport X slide off the SARUSA site because I wanted to try a little lighter slide and I like the look.  I ordered another Dawson site for that as well.  There are a ton of compensator options once you put the threaded barrel on there.