Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange 9 mm case

usmc1974

I think I might have loaded a few although it was not a Hot load, when I was chronographing them I noticed a large difference in velocities. All my rounds was staying good at about 1160 and then I'd get one up and around 1280-1300 every once in a while and then it would go right back to 1160.

So now we have to look at a 45 ACP brass for large or small primers, or 308 brass for large or small primers and a 9 mm brass for a shelf on the inside or a two-piece brass case itself. Thanks guys.

6 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

I9 mm brass for a shelf on the inside or a two-piece brass case itself. Thanks guys.

Look out for 380 brass too on your 9mm.. Somehow they know💪 how to sneak 👀in that pile lol 😂

Just ran into this situation myself recently. Was brought to my attention by a friend.

At first I asked him what the heck are you talking about?

Never saw a 9mm case like that. Well I spoke too soon. Shorty after that I picked up a bunch of 

range brass and look what I got. I throw them in the scrap bucket.

Edited by WaltK
grammar

Those have actually been around for years.
Two headstamps that come to mind are FM and IMT.

I think Ammoload also but it's been a while...

I've loaded them without issue for 9mm minor but I've heard PCC guys have a problem with separation at the step.

That would be aggravating to say the least.

I've got access to enough "normal" brass so I now throw these in the culls pile.

6 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

I was doing some reloading and I noticed this case had like a ledge inside of it if you can see it in the picture. I was wondering if this would affect the velocity and the case pressure

IMG_20220929_170446~2.jpg

I built a new probe for my case processor that will detect the ledge and kick them out. When I find these I see to it that the case mouths are smashed so nobody has to deal with them again. They can add a extra few thousand psi to your pressure, not enough to blow the gun but enough to separate the case and head. I have a 9mm reamer since I have had to help a few friends out and cut the case out of their chamber.

Oh and the stepped case we can thank Ammoload for importing these crap cases into the country with their head stamp. I believe these cases are made in Turkey. Good concept for using less powder for the same pressure but most people don't reduce the load and they get stuck. Several companies use this case.

6 hours ago, ddc said:

Those have actually been around for years.
Two headstamps that come to mind are FM and IMT.

I think Ammoload also but it's been a while...

I've loaded them without issue for 9mm minor but I've heard PCC guys have a problem with separation at the step.

That would be aggravating to say the least.

I've got access to enough "normal" brass so I now throw these in the culls pile.

These have caused case head seperation in PCC's. I suspect they would do the same with 9mm Major.

9 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

These have caused case head seperation in PCC's. I suspect they would do the same with 9mm Major.

I have had to cut several out of friends barrels. Now they sort their brass and look inside the case mouth. Glock 19 had two of these cases separate

On 9/29/2022 at 11:04 PM, esquared said:

Oh and the stepped case we can thank Ammoload for importing these crap cases into the country with their head stamp. I believe these cases are made in Turkey. Good concept for using less powder for the same pressure but most people don't reduce the load and they get stuck. Several companies use this case.

The other headstamp on these pieces of crap are “FM”. I think it’s the same manufacturer but assembled by Freedom Munitions. 

I bought some of this ammo from them and shot it only at lost-brass matches. Found about 5% bad primers. At least there were no squibs. 

yes, it is junk brass. 

I ran into a few of these with a MAXXTech headstamp.  I was lucky the decapping rod in my XL650 hit the ledge and wouldn't let me complete the stroke so I knew something was wrong.  I've kept a couple as curiosities but discarded the others.   I will not load them. 

Edited by SteelCityShooter

On 10/1/2022 at 4:50 AM, sandflea316 said:

Shell shock technology nas3 brass.

Needs a special die to process and load these

I usually get those out as the brass runs under the magnet, had to turn the power up as they are not like removing the wolf cases.