Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

47 oz MP9 2.0

mule169

IMG_6283.jpg

I purchased the MP9 2.0 Metal with the aluminum frame and put my pro series 2.0 upper on it, brass basepads from Taylorfree lance, Tungsten infused batteries from W74, Tungsten Guide rod from W74.

So the tungsten batteries are great for weight but...they completley died after turning them on once. Not sure if I will ever risk taking the X300 + tungsten battery to a major but yeah, here it is lol. 

14 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

So the uppers from the regular polymer frame 2.0's fit and work on the new metal frame.  I wonder if a 5" upper would work.

Yes they are interchangeable, well that is a 5” upper in there! :)

As that's a 5" in the photo, there is probably no chance that the 4" upper will work on it.  Too bad. 

BTW, how is the trigger pull on that frame?  I have a Pro Series 5" 2.0 CORE that I installed the Apex DCAEC kit in and it made a huge improvement in the trigger pull as the factory pull was pretty mediocre.  I wonder if the metal frame is better as received without replacing parts.

Is the magwell on the metal framed gun any bigger or more flared than the plastic one?  Would you mind posting a pic of it?  Thanks.

Also, I've got Timney triggers in two of my m&p's and they are both 2# triggers.  Best one I've tried to date.

6 hours ago, Hammerman said:

Is the magwell on the metal framed gun any bigger or more flared than the plastic one?  Would you mind posting a pic of it?  Thanks.

Also, I've got Timney triggers in two of my m&p's and they are both 2# triggers.  Best one I've tried to date.

Agreed.  I love my Timney trigger on my M&p 

I’m curious to know if the triggers are usable in the metal frame guns 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:37 AM, Zachjet said:

Agreed.  I love my Timney trigger on my M&p 

I’m curious to know if the triggers are usable in the metal frame guns 

I asked Apex the same question about their DCAEK parts and they aren't certain at this point.  They are doing a lot of testing to be sure they are safe and work properly.  That said, I also contacted S&W and was told the internals of the metal frame M&P (striker block and sear housing) are the same as the polymer guns.  

As an aside, I wonder if anyone will make wood or wood-looking grip inserts for these guns.  The metal frame would look very nice with them.

Edited by SteelCityShooter