Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don’t see this much

EEH

Saw this guy eating breakfast and actually reading a news paper. Haven’t seen this in Years. Don’t know him but he was into his paper. No phone.

5CD89B8B-7644-4150-BC0B-B6E2CEC6C209.jpeg

Edited by EEH

1 hour ago, X5SigChris said:

Reminds me of my dad. He would read the paper every day with breakfast. Then in the weekend it would be the same but also clip the coupons with the race on. Now I want to plan a trip just to have a breakfast with him. 

That would be a good thing.

11 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

Reminds me of my dad. He would read the paper every day with breakfast. Then in the weekend it would be the same but also clip the coupons with the race on. Now I want to plan a trip just to have a breakfast with him. 

Do it sooner rather than later, before you don't have that option.......Lord know I miss my dad.

2 hours ago, mule169 said:

Eventually you seeing people with reading a physical book will be rare too when you can listen to audios and read on your iPad/tablet. :)

You’re not wrong there. A iPad can never replace a nice book though on the shelf 

10 minutes ago, X5SigChris said:

You’re not wrong there. A iPad can never replace a nice book though on the shelf 

well the issue is too that in schools I’m sure they think it’s easier to pass around a tablet than purchase a crap load of books. No need for a library, just go to the tech lounge and grab a tablet and have access to 100,000+ titles 

I said same thing about carbon paper score sheets, and hard copy paper rule books..  Still would want a paper rule book, as phones are too small for me to search.. But I do enjoy my Kindle Fire reader. Iam a merchant mariner and like to read. Kindle works well. Can do basic internet stuff, message a little, surf a bit... I cant type on it well as I dont get along with touchpads, but can work in a pinch...
Plus,,, with a good library card I can get books anywhere I can get a signal. Or can buy and load up months worth of books.
I used to do the leave a book take a book thing at my local library and at a center on base when I was Army.
Go around the boats gather all the books most folks have read, swap em out.  Linrary checkout was too short a time for me, so was glad they had the big leave one take one section...
Bad part of that though was my mother evidently dated Oliver North when younger, he gave her an autographed copy of his book.. And she gave it to me,,, I didnt know it was autographed, and it went into the leave a book system,,

1 hour ago, mule169 said:

well the issue is too that in schools I’m sure they think it’s easier to pass around a tablet than purchase a crap load of books. No need for a library, just go to the tech lounge and grab a tablet and have access to 100,000+ titles 

I defiantly see what you’re saying and don’t disagree. At work, I begged for a tablet to have all the manuals I need I’m on hand. 

2 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Iam a merchant mariner

Funny, because I am a mariner in the Army lol. I haven’t tried the kindles yet. I tried on my kids table and it kills my eyes and gives me a headache. Is the kindle honestly any better? 

3 minutes ago, X5SigChris said:

Funny, because I am a mariner in the Army lol. I haven’t tried the kindles yet. I tried on my kids table and it kills my eyes and gives me a headache. Is the kindle honestly any better? 

hah retired 88L  LCU 2000 guy out of  Useless. 
I have a Kindle Fire HD,,, fairly newer model 8" , seems to have lots of adjustments for light, grayscale, font size.. My eyes arnt perfect but have never had an issue with it.

3 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

No kidding. I just switched from 88L to 881A. Small world. I’ve only been on LCUs and LSVs 

probably worked for people I trained... Wintink still at the school house ? Kudliki teaching welding ? 

boats 92 -2008,,,Came up with Wintink,, 20-30 and 40 school Kudlicki I went to PLDC with,,, then he was my Bull for a couple years...  I made 7 really fast as I started Infantry and had CIB, Sucked for boaties trying to make 7-8-9

1 hour ago, X5SigChris said:

That’s why I switched over. Made seven in ten and knew that was it for me. My dad, Mike Moore, was around till 95

yeh I did in 11,  when I went to ANCOC most were around 18.. Figured I was a shoe in for 8,,, at the time W-2's were getting kicked out as not enough W3 slots... Pluis E-8 pay was higher than W-2.. Rolled dice while I was out on recruiting duty, figured my odds of 8 were better than W3....  never happened. 

The Army has sailors?

My two ships

Deck and Ops divisions, stood watches as officer of the deck, CIC watch officer, boat ops, RAS, flight deck safety officer, helicopter control officer, and qualified SWO

https://www.navysite.de/ffg/ffg57_1.jpg

DC and Reactor Auxiliaries divisions, qualified as propulsion plant watch officer

https://www.thedrive.com/content-b/message-editor/1609724724682-carriernimitzreturntomiddleeast.jpg?quality=60

One of them is me

1247067520_ReubenJamesYokosuka1990.thumb.jpg.7bf7940ee79221871a60464a726203ca.jpg

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

3 hours ago, konkapot said:

Back to Eddie taking spy photos of men eating breakfast. Eddie tell us more about your little "hobby." 

I’ll never disclose that.