Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 3 XL buttons and MOTAC and warranty

Chillywig

I have 2 XLs in 6moa, both bought off this forum, one was supposedly new never fired and the other used very little. Seems buttons have been causing problems for others and I was told since these sights have motac and good battery life just don't press the buttons and let them turn themselves off. Well one doesn't seem to be turning off. Every time I looked at it in safe it was on. I thought maybe opening my safe made enough vibration where it turned on. Well its been sitting in various places today and every time I've looked at it its on. Looking at the warranty statement in the manual these dots are covered without registration to whomever owns it for five years from the date of manufacture. I am thinking about after this weekends match sending the one not MOTAC-ing in for repair. For those of you that have been sending them in what are they doing? Repairing, replacing boards or just reissuing new sights? I assume both my dots are somewhere under two years old since they were built. Should I just use the buttons normally and if they wear out so be it and hope it happens in the next three years? I like these XL dots but once again feel like I am doing the beta testing for sig... 

• 3 weeks later...

I've sent two R3 Max dots back for buttons and received new ones in return.  I'll be sending another back soon for the same reason.

Here's a question, since it's a known issue and they seem to send new replacements, wouldn't it be more cost effective to fix the problem in manufacturing? 

56 minutes ago, clw42 said:

I've sent two R3 Max dots back for buttons and received new ones in return.  I'll be sending another back soon for the same reason.

Here's a question, since it's a known issue and they seem to send new replacements, wouldn't it be more cost effective to fix the problem in manufacturing? 

Is it the way they are made or the way they are designed? Idk but either way its too common of an issue for a $600 optic. My down brightness s#!t the bed last week as im zeroing for Nats. A guy in my squad yesterday DURING nats had his go down for same reason and apparently changing brightness as he shoot lol. 

7 minutes ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Is it the way they are made or the way they are designed? Idk but either way its too common of an issue for a $600 optic. My down brightness s#!t the bed last week as im zeroing for Nats. A guy in my squad yesterday DURING nats had his go down for same reason and apparently changing brightness as he shoot lol. 

If I had to guess, it's a component issue but I'm not sure.  Way too common!!

It's been the "down" brightness on all of mine as well.

To be fair, I'll change during a match as well.  Sometimes a bay is more shaded or the sun is or isn't interfering. 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:32 AM, clw42 said:

I actually sent my R3XL in recently and the one I got back had buttons that felt completely different. So I do believe they made some changes.

On 10/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, clw42 said:

To be fair, I'll change during a match as well.  Sometimes a bay is more shaded or the sun is or isn't interfering. 

I feel guilty every time I adjust the brightness on mine...🤣