Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BOSS DOH Holster Hanger Screw

Flea

I just got this hanger and I have a question about phillips screw that goes through the slots that will allow you to adjust the cant of the holster. When I try to really tighten that screw, it feels like I may strip the screw head. If you use this hanger, did you ever have a problem with that screw? Will the holster stay in place if the screw is just snug, not super tight? Thanks

On 9/23/2022 at 5:11 AM, Flea said:

I just got this hanger and I have a question about phillips screw that goes through the slots that will allow you to adjust the cant of the holster. When I try to really tighten that screw, it feels like I may strip the screw head. If you use this hanger, did you ever have a problem with that screw? Will the holster stay in place if the screw is just snug, not super tight? Thanks

Mine tightened up tight, I didn’t put a cheater bar on them but they tightened down and stopped quite snugly. Make sure you have everything square and lined up and there’s nothing pinched anywhere. There’s really nothing to it that could go wrong unless they sent the wrong screws or tapped the holes to big. Try the next set of holes and see if it’s any different. 

7 hours ago, Farmer said:

Mine tightened up tight, I didn’t put a cheater bar on them but they tightened down and stopped quite snugly. Make sure you have everything square and lined up and there’s nothing pinched anywhere. There’s really nothing to it that could go wrong unless they sent the wrong screws or tapped the holes to big. Try the next set of holes and see if it’s any different. 

Thanks. What's a cheater bar?

32 minutes ago, Flea said:

Thanks. What's a cheater bar?

😁 A long piece of pipe that you slip over the end of a wrench to give extra leverage. I’m talking large stuff 4-6 feet, and of course I was joking. Sorry for any confusion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue one time where the spacers were actually smashing as I was tightening the screw, it felt like I couldn’t get it tight enough because the spacer was deforming. The material of the spacer was definitely not correct, never had that issue again once I replaced the spacer.