Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shortcut to GM?

m0dnar

This is completely against the spirit of the USPSA rulebook, but... it technically meets the technical descriptions in the rulebook. What's stopping me from welding an AR pistol buffer tube to the back of my mainspring housing and then slapping a stabilizing brace on it? Then installing a 16" barrel and wrapping a suppressor cover over the barrel so I can c-clamp the barrel directly. 

The rulebook specifically states I'm not allowed to have a shoulder stock, but legally and linguistically speaking, a pistol brace is a stabilizing brace meant for disabled shooters and per ATF is not a stock. The rulebook does not prohibit shouldering the weapon system, just disallows an actual shoulder stock. In this case I would be shouldering a stabilizing brace which is not prohibited by any ruleset. 

I mean if the carry optic guys are going to embed a $0.50 led light inside a brass weight to play games with the rulebook, I don't see how this is any different. 

D8.6 is not clear about whether a brace is a stock under the rules and is just a prohibited stock (see 10.5.18 for precedent, bump fire stocks explicitly prohibited), or if it's excluded because it's not a stock. There isn't any official ruling on this subject from NROI (https://uspsa.org/nroi/rulings), so per 11.8.2 you are "required to submit [your] questions in writing, either by fax, letter or email to NROI headquarters".

I'm not convinced such a setup would actually be faster though. 

SHO and WHO would be interesting. So would draws from the holster. It's not PCC after all, so you have do to all the handgun things still. 

Seems silly, and doubtful it would fly. But I'd like to see someone show up at a level one trying to game the system like this. I just want to see how it goes. I'm guessing not as smoothly as they imagined. 

16 hours ago, m0dnar said:

This is completely against the spirit of the USPSA rulebook, but... it technically meets the technical descriptions in the rulebook. What's stopping me from welding an AR pistol buffer tube to the back of my mainspring housing and then slapping a stabilizing brace on it? Then installing a 16" barrel and wrapping a suppressor cover over the barrel so I can c-clamp the barrel directly. 

The rulebook specifically states I'm not allowed to have a shoulder stock, but legally and linguistically speaking, a pistol brace is a stabilizing brace meant for disabled shooters and per ATF is not a stock. The rulebook does not prohibit shouldering the weapon system, just disallows an actual shoulder stock. In this case I would be shouldering a stabilizing brace which is not prohibited by any ruleset. 

I mean if the carry optic guys are going to embed a $0.50 led light inside a brass weight to play games with the rulebook, I don't see how this is any different. 

Probably should invest your time and money on stuff that will make a difference in your score.

Stick it on your shoulder, its a shoulder stock,, I give a rip what kinda double speak you pull up. if I was an RO, MD or RM,, that is how I would rule,, and figure out a rule to send you to dairy queen, As RO I wouldnt even start you until you assumed the PCC start position if your wernt DQ'd before you got to the line for breaking a PCC rule

Edited by Joe4d

47 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Stick it on your shoulder, its a shoulder stock,, I give a rip what kinda double speak you pull up. if I was an RO, MD or RM,, that is how I would rule,, and figure out a rule to send you to dairy queen, As RO I wouldnt even start you until you assumed the PCC start position if your wernt DQ'd before you got to the line for breaking a PCC rule

:roflol::eatdrink: