Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Talk to me about the Defiant Limited Master

Rudukai13

image.thumb.jpeg.ce2b6b1dc8aff089df07435792de3cf8.jpeg

https://patriotdefense.com/tanfoglio-defiant-limited-master-ifg/

Particularly the 10mm variant. Purpose of the gun will be a do-all home defense, range gun, and eventually hunting and competition pistol when my medical health gets to a better place. What needs to be done to the gun out of the box? Are Henning base pads the best choice for mag extensions? Does anyone still make a flush slide stop pin that deletes the slide release lever? Who’s the best shop for tuning/custom gunsmithing?

All help is greatly appreciated!

21 minutes ago, Zachjet said:

Call Jim at j&M.  He’ll answer all your questions and set you up.     He had my gun out to me in a week.  He does amazing trigger work too 

J&M? Have a link?

Is the pistol overall designed strong enough to be able to handle a steady diet of moderately loaded 10mm? I don’t handload so everything will be off the shelf ammo, mostly mild range FMJ for main practice ammo but would like to be able to load it up with some real heavy hitters and defensive JHP occasionally assuming the gun can handle it

https://www.jandlgunsmithing.com

I ended up with a stock master(Sa/Da) set up for Carry optics in 9mm

I called him to ask a few questions about a used gun I was looking at. We ended up chatting on the phone for 45 minutes. I was gunna have the used gun sent to him. He ended up selling me a brand new one for very close to the same price as the used one

he set me up with every day. Extra magazines extended bases. Literally soup to nuts on everything.

Awesome, thank you for the link! I’ve been looking at the platform with interest for a while but getting very serious about buying one in the near future now. I want the Limited Master for the ability to mount both a WML and a frame-mounted optic, and in 10mm to work as a hunting gun should I ever choose to do that with it. Beyond those few things I really don’t have much clue about what all they must and/or should have done.

I’m also curious about the EGW slide stop pin that deletes the actual lever, is that still made by EGW or anyone else? I’m a southpaw, so unless somebody makes an ambidextrous version of the slide stop I’d prefer to just delete it

As far as I know the difference between the gun you’re looking at and the one I bought is that the stock master is SA/DA

The limited master is SAO. 

both have the stock 3 frame, same barrels, and slides. 

10F1CA4D-EB6C-43DA-B0C4-5BD29391304D.jpeg

Henning makes my favorite basepads for the tanfo you'd need the large frame basepads for 10mm/.40.

Since you want to eventually compete with the same gun, maybe think about getting a .40 barrel for it also. You wouldn't have to change anything else to swap calibers. That's the nice part about the large frame guns. 

On 9/20/2022 at 8:59 AM, Yagi said:

Ready to race pistol. All you need is extended base pads and maybe a lighter recoil spring other than that you are good to go. 

Enjoy! 💪

https://patriotdefense.com/tanfoglio-defiant-stock-master-xtreme-ifg/

What about this one? Is this one good to go or is it better to purchase the lower end Stock Masters and have work done.

8 hours ago, mule169 said:

https://patriotdefense.com/tanfoglio-defiant-stock-master-xtreme-ifg/

What about this one? Is this one good to go or is it better to purchase the lower end Stock Masters and have work done.

I do my trigger and action work. 

But if you want the simpler and faster way you can buy that. 

And if you don't mind paying a little bit. 

Plenty of information here and in YouTube. Up to you if you are up to the challenge. 

20 minutes ago, Yagi said:

I do my trigger and action work. 

But if you want the simpler and faster way you can buy that. 

And if you don't mind paying a little bit. 

Plenty of information here and in YouTube. Up to you if you are up to the challenge. 

I just started fiddling around with my own Shadow 2, if it is anything like that I will give it a try.

13 hours ago, mule169 said:

I just started fiddling around with my own Shadow 2, if it is anything like that I will give it a try.

Then you can do it. I believe Tanfo has less parts than a shadow. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been looking at the Limited Master in .40

My problem with it is twofold: I have short fingers, and no one has them in stock locally for me to see if I can even grip it. 

Does anyone else of the sausage-finger variety have one of these? Are there extended mag releases and/or safeties available? What about thumbrests (either NitroFin style or using the pre-drilled holes in the frame)? Are holsters interchangeable with other models?

Hi Matt -

I ordered a DLM (black & chrome) in 9mm from Patriot Defense. They currently are working their magic on custom work etc and have been very good to me. So much so I also ordered a Stock 2 Chrome on 9mm with some custom work, extra mags, mag base plates, and grips.

Both are small frames and accept the same magazines (6 total for me between the two). They are different frames. Holsters for the DLM are compatible with any Stock 3 frame holsters (4.75inch barrel). Many holster companies make them depending on what type you are looking for (competition, carry, leather, poly/cadet/plastic). You may want to go with a well known company and not rely on online reviews outside an owners forum. Try YouTube if you can’t find any. 

Stock 2 frames may be compatible with some CZ holsters which could open up options, quality, price, style variables. 

CZ TSO models may be compatible with some Tanfo Stock 3 frames. Keep your receipt if you are uncertain 

As for hand size, what size winter glove do you wear? What’s nice about the Tanfo is the reach is pretty manageable due to the long beaver tail providing better leverage, high grip, pronounced safety, mag release, and other options available. One nice thing about not having larger hands will be having a better grip on the slide. 

I take a size large glove but by no means have bigger than average hands. I’m a M/L in some and L in others. 

Hope that provides a little help …. 

G.