Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun getting to hot !

Murzikrv

Definitely agree with the pacing.  This happens even on other non-open guns as well.  I've learned to bring another gun during solo practice.

You can pace yourself by shooting a backup gun in the same division, different gun in a different division, mixing in dry fire or bring a practice buddy.

4 hours ago, Murzikrv said:

How do you prevent that when shooting on very sunny and hot conditions ?

19 minutes ago, JosephVestal said:
What happens when a gun gets too hot?

Continue training. Suffer in silence and without complaining and crying😉

18 minutes ago, loubob said:

my comp loosens and accuracy is gone

Two things to try.  Loctite 272 holds better if you use the primer on all threads first.  Let dry, then apply the thread locker.  The downside is you only have 15 seconds to thread the comp on and clock.  You'll be able to turn it with a wrench for a few more seconds.  After that you have to heat, remove, clean and try again.  The second is to research Loctite 2620.  It is a red paste for threads from .500" to .750" and has a 650 deg. hold strength.  That is 200 deg. higher than 272.

If accuracy is gone when your comp loosens, you have a poor thread fit.  You'll also have problems getting the comp on concentrically.  You should align ream every time you install the comp to be sure.

thanks 

23 hours ago, zzt said:

Two things to try.  Loctite 272 holds better if you use the primer on all threads first.  Let dry, then apply the thread locker.  The downside is you only have 15 seconds to thread the comp on and clock.  You'll be able to turn it with a wrench for a few more seconds.  After that you have to heat, remove, clean and try again.  The second is to research Loctite 2620.  It is a red paste for threads from .500" to .750" and has a 650 deg. hold strength.  That is 200 deg. higher than 272.

If accuracy is gone when your comp loosens, you have a poor thread fit.  You'll also have problems getting the comp on concentrically.  You should align ream every time you install the comp to be sure.

thanks for the info, you are right threads are loose and i have been using epoxy on them and red loctite on the 2 set screws' I will admit i do not clean the threads as good as i should. titanium comp steel barrel i think i want it pinned or welded? but maybe i will try your way first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...