Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wanting a Labradar.........

I've recently had my eye on upgrading to a Labradar!  My CE ProChrono, while working fine with my added Bluetooth module, just takes a lot of time to set up in order to get good results.

My concern, for now,  is that I'm seeing only the Lite (non-Bluetooth) version being offered, and I'm wondering if the BT model has been discontinued or should I just be patient and wait for a re-released version?

I would definitely prefer a chrono that will interface with my iPad/Apple devices..........

Thanks for any feedback!

:)

Supply chain issues - the BlueTooth model will be back, but there is no announced time frame.  The LabRadar is usable without the app, but the front panel interface is clunky and non-intuitive.  There are used LabRadars available on a regular basis - check the classifieds at AccurateShooter.com.; the original version had BlueTooth, but the current firmware (downloadable installer) is needed for it to work reliably.

Both of my IPSC clubs invested in Labradars. Overall very pleased: small in size, easy to carry & set up, no hastle with cables, etc. better and correcter than other chrono equipment. Important to upgrade software and set up correctly according to company and range specs (good YT videos available to help out).

$99 Pro Chrono,,,, 20 years old,,, Army issue skill craft clicky tops and water resistant note pad... works wonders, no apps , swipey screens, loosing data, linking  nonsense.wires remotes none of that.
I got load data results for 15 years all in the side pocket of a canvas bag.
I am all for tech when it makes things better but not tech for the sake of tech

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, 67isb said:

Hogrider,

I received an email from Labradar last night.  

Labradar w/ Bluetooth will be back in stock Late Oct./Nov. 2022

Join the notify me list to be emailed or texted when the Labradar is in stock.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!

👍

I recommend getting the one with Bluetooth.  I use the app religiously because I don’t have to move from my position when shooting my rifle.  Makes it easier to up series when I am doing load development or changing between calibers.  I used to own a Magnetospeed but was hard when I had to shoot with and without suppressor.  With the LabRadar it was just set it up and shoot.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:59 PM, shred said:

Bluetooth is a pain in the rear on mine most of the time.  When it works, it's very nice but I spend way too much time trying to get them talking to each other sometimes.

This was posted late last year.  I have downloaded the BLE App, but haven't used it yet, as I rarely need to link my phone to the Chrono.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard a lot of complaints about the bluetooth option, which why the lite version didn't seem like that big a deal to go to.  I just went on midwayusa and signed up to be notified when back in stock, and when I got the email, snagged one up.  I've been happy with mine, the only problem I have is that the report csv format is something apple's numbers have a problem separating so I have to change the separator to the one numbers looks for and the end report is readable with some good information.

My Bluetooth works fine, but I think this is because I am using IOS.  I think there still might be an issue with Android OS when trying to use Bluetooth with that OS.  

I love my LabRadar and it has proven worth the price tag.

While Bluetooth functionality is nice, it is by no means required.  

20 hours ago, JoeMKY said:

I've been happy with mine, the only problem I have is that the report csv format is something apple's numbers have a problem separating so I have to change the separator to the one numbers looks for and the end report is readable with some good information.

I download into Excel then save as an XLSX file.  Then start any changes or notes that I want to make.

7 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

I download into Excel then save as an XLSX file.  Then start any changes or notes that I want to make.

I've used Google Sheets on my phone with the Amazon special Caldwell chrono.  I just copy down the results from the screen into Google sheets instead of using the app that links to a phone I don't own via a headphone jack that nobody makes anymore.  I can note what I was I'm switching up (powder charge, OAL, new primers, new bullets, etc.) and get all sorts of nice graphs as I'm eating lunch on the way back home. 

If you prefer Excel, you can export your data from Sheets as an .xslx and work with it on a computer instead of on the phone.

• 1 month later...

I got an email from Midway today, they're in stock. I ordered the whole kit and kabodal. Kinda bothered me that you order $800 worth of merchandise and still have to pay shipping but I wanted to get one while they're still in stock since I've been waiting so long. This is the Bluetooth model.

2 minutes ago, Speedwagon said:

I got an email from Midway today, they're in stock. I ordered the whole kit and kabodal. Kinda bothered me that you order $800 worth of merchandise and still have to pay shipping but I wanted to get one while they're still in stock since I've been waiting so long. This is the Bluetooth model.

👍

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, dannyd said:

With the coming of the New Garmin, Labradar is going to be on the struggle bus shortly.  So, Midway and Brownells are trying to move them as fast as possible, so they don't get stuck with them.

Agreed!

And I'm guessing that Black Friday will see HUGH discounts!

😲