Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed ultra holster

Bakerjd

22 hours ago, yigal said:

You need to pre-order it for a left-handed shooter

I got an email back from BSPS and CR Speed today and they confirm they do have left handed for the Ultra. In fact BSPS has one in stock. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I received it. Actually I got the newest one. The ultra holster. It's a decent holster. Release isn't super smooth though. Probably because the licking block is plastic and has to bend out of the way to release the gun. And the lock lever is impossible to get to if you are left handed. So for me, left handed, it's just another holster to add to the no pile. 

6 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Well I received it. Actually I got the newest one. The ultra holster. It's a decent holster. Release isn't super smooth though. Probably because the licking block is plastic and has to bend out of the way to release the gun. And the lock lever is impossible to get to if you are left handed. So for me, left handed, it's just another holster to add to the no pile. 

Sorry to hear. Fortunately, I use a self-designed and manufactured holster from 1992 that has no such problems. Only a few members of our club have it because I don't usually sell things.

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, Bakerjd said:

I just received one I bought from Shooters Connection today. All said and done, I am less then impressed. It appears to me that all they did to make it left handed is take a right handed holster and drill 2 holes in the right side of it to attach the hanger to. As was already said, this puts the locking lever between the holster body and the hanger, making it almost impossible to use. For a company with the reputation like CR Speed has in the industry, I expected a lot more out of them.

IMG-8220-1.jpg

IMG-8222-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed CR Speed about this issue, and finally received a response this morning (almost 2 weeks later). Their reply was this;

Good Day

The Left Handed Version has the locking tab and arm in the position described. Adding supplied spacers with extended supplied fasteners will create greater space for Left handed operation.

Kind Regards / Vriendelike Groete

Tazio Resca

I should also note that I decided to give the holster a try at my local New Years Day match, and although I did have some a recurring issue (kept forgetting to unlock the holster at make ready) I found that when adjusted properly, it really wasn't too difficult for me to operate the locking lever. I guess this is my lesson in "don't knock it till you try it."