Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO nats GX/Henning side match results


Bakerjd

Recommended Posts

This was IMO a fun little side match at CO nats. Anyone know if there is a record of the fastest times before this match? And what are your thoughts on the times posted. 

 

Details of the side match are: $20 to do 2 runs of a Bill drill. You could pay to run it as many times as you could afford. 

 

I placed 26th out of 75 people who did it. I did my 2 runs amd walked away. I thought a 2.06 would put me in a good spot to get the prise for b class. 1.82sec was the fastest b class run. 

Screenshot_20220913-215647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

This was IMO a fun little side match at CO nats. Anyone know if there is a record of the fastest times before this match? And what are your thoughts on the times posted. 

 

Details of the side match are: $20 to do 2 runs of a Bill drill. You could pay to run it as many times as you could afford. 

 

I placed 26th out of 75 people who did it. I did my 2 runs amd walked away. I thought a 2.06 would put me in a good spot to get the prise for b class. 1.82sec was the fastest b class run. 

Screenshot_20220913-215647_Samsung Internet.jpg

 

Little disappointed that they didn't use a Commander timer so we could see draw/split times.  :(

 

I'm really curious as to the draw/splits for the folks under 1.50.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

 

Little disappointed that they didn't use a Commander timer so we could see draw/split times.  :(

 

I'm really curious as to the draw/splits for the folks under 1.50.


draws around .6, splits <.14. I don’t think anyone put out a draw faster than high .50s, a few people had .11-.12 splits. Nobody quite managed to do both across six shots (since .60 + .60 = 1.20).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MHicks said:

Was this on a scored paper target or steel? Did hit placement matter? Incredibly fast times!


it was scored on paper. You can debate the winning time (5 in a grapefruit sized group, 1 in the upper A), but I’d rather marvel at the achievement.

 

For most people with low numbers it was 4-10 attempts. I saw some 1.5x with 1 of 1 attempt, although there was a disqualifying C hit.

 

I suspect the best on-demand time was 1.6X clean.

Edited by llamasabound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, llamasabound said:


it was scored on paper. You can debate the winning time (5 in a grapefruit sized group, 1 in the upper A), but I’d rather marvel at the achievement.

 

For most people with low numbers it was 4-10 attempts. I saw some 1.5x with 1 of 1 attempt, although there was a disqualifying C hit.

 

I suspect the best on-demand time was 1.6X clean.

 

I think he was just trying to understand. I still don't totally understand how it was scored. I see a couple people had a Charlie, so I'm assuming it didn't have to be 6 Alpha? Just fastest time with 6 anywhere on paper? 

 

1.23 is stupid fast, that Lockwood fellow can split the s#!t out of gun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Racinready300ex said:

 

I think he was just trying to understand. I still don't totally understand how it was scored. I see a couple people had a Charlie, so I'm assuming it didn't have to be 6 Alpha? Just fastest time with 6 anywhere on paper? 

 

1.23 is stupid fast, that Lockwood fellow can split the s#!t out of gun. 

Wasn't there but I think I read that you had to have the fastest time with all alphas to win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RJH said:

Wasn't there but I think I read that you had to have the fastest time with all alphas to win

 

That makes sense, that's a typical Bill Drill. But I did see guys with some Charlies down the list so I wasn't sure. 

 

Obviously they didn't win so maybe it didn't matter so they just posted the score they shot. 

Edited by Racinready300ex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

 

That makes sense, that's a typical Bill Drill. But I did see guys with some Charlies down the list so I wasn't sure. 

 

Obviously they didn't win so maybe it didn't matter so they just posted the score they shot. 


Exactly that! The Timer RO was lazy with data entry for non 6A, for understandable reasons (they couldn’t win), so those got entered a little haphazardly. And I didn’t mean to come off as aggressive: the winning time did land one in the miss-catcher on a USPSA target. Of the fastest times, all of those shooters had multiple attempts, some even faster, however not clean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, llamasabound said:


Exactly that! The Timer RO was lazy with data entry for non 6A, for understandable reasons (they couldn’t win), so those got entered a little haphazardly. And I didn’t mean to come off as aggressive: the winning time did land one in the miss-catcher on a USPSA target. Of the fastest times, all of those shooters had multiple attempts, some even faster, however not clean.

 

If I could run those times I'd probably run it a few times to make sure I got my best score posted too. I know I'd max out about half second off that pace which for this might as well be a year lol. 

 

I would of liked to of been there to see them swinging for the fences on this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rules were only all alpha runs counted for winning prizes. A USPSA cardboard target was used as well as a shooting box. I'm pretty sure they did use the lab commander or the other little timer. Wasn't the usual big blue one. (I can't remember the name of them and I own one of the blue ones lol)

 

I as for me personally. I know my fastest draw to first alpha hit is .96sec. Can I do this on command? Absolutely not. My usual DTFS is about 1.6sec, yes slow, in a match setting. My splits are about .18sec in practice and I've never thought to check them at a match. Before I did the 2.06sec bill drill at nats my fastest ever was 2.44sec. Both of my runs at nats were faster then 2.44sec. 

 

It was a fun little deal IMO and the sponsors gave out a TON of prizes and money. I mean a TON. I think it was like $800 worth of stuff for each class winner and overall winner. Overall got a very large cash pay out. 

 

I think we should do this stuff more often at big matches. This is the first i ever seen a side match. Maybe a shoot off of some type. I've read stories about them being done before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I think we should do this stuff more often at big matches. This is the first i ever seen a side match. Maybe a shoot off of some type. I've read stories about them being done before. 

 

Side matches are normally a ton of fun to shoot---but also require another set of staff, plus equipment/tablet.  And you need to collect money (and in a lot of cases, matches these days do all of their money stuff online so they don't have to handle cash at the match any more), and so on.

 

So....admin hassles.  If you have the staff and space (lots of people don't have enough extra bays to do this at a big match), side matches are lots of fun.  (Another fun one is fastest time to run a plate rack.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

 

Side matches are normally a ton of fun to shoot---but also require another set of staff, plus equipment/tablet.  And you need to collect money (and in a lot of cases, matches these days do all of their money stuff online so they don't have to handle cash at the match any more), and so on.

 

So....admin hassles.  If you have the staff and space (lots of people don't have enough extra bays to do this at a big match), side matches are lots of fun.  (Another fun one is fastest time to run a plate rack.)


And you don’t want too wild a side match — since side match DQs apply to the main match,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, llamasabound said:


And you don’t want too wild a side match — since side match DQs apply to the main match,

Side match DQ does not apply to main match. They were very clear about that at nats. It's covered in rule 10.3.5. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Side match DQ does not apply to main match. They were very clear about that at nats. It's covered in rule 10.3.5. 

I know they said that, but 10.3.5 covers a DQ that happens after completion of the main match — not during it. DNROI and RMIs have both maintained that point at other matches. 
 

For most side match competitors here it was a side match during the match, not after it. That’s a made-up exception, not an application of 10.3.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zachjet said:

I just seen a video of the 1st place run.  Insane 

whats more impressive is that nils took that guy to the woodshed in the real match. apparently theres more to uspsa than fast splits and social media vid.

 

im good at math so im not much interested in side matches, but it sounds like this one generated some interest by being a separate stop on the schedule with the vendor area. i shot the staff match so i didn’t have the built in opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, llamasabound said:

I know they said that, but 10.3.5 covers a DQ that happens after completion of the main match — not during it. DNROI and RMIs have both maintained that point at other matches. 
 

For most side match competitors here it was a side match during the match, not after it. That’s a made-up exception, not an application of 10.3.5

I was just passing on the info they gave out at the match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

whats more impressive is that nils took that guy to the woodshed in the real match. apparently theres more to uspsa than fast splits and social media vid.

Bingo friend. And let's not forget that it took him somewhere around $300 worth of tries to do it. At the awards dinner he still owed GX/Henning money. I'm not saying it isn't a super fast run but with that and the fact he only really got 5 in the correct A zone I think his time would have been better spent planning stages and executing those plans to perfection. This is of course just my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...