Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Different starting position ‘spot’ for PCC

Gunjack

24 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

meh, only a douche would shoot a rifle at a pistol match and then whine like a spoiled little girl that he didn’t get as much of an advantage as he was hoping for.

i wouldn’t start pcc’s 20 feet away, but i see no problem having them start ouside the box. when i do a hands on marks start for real guns i make pccs put muzzle on one mark and toes touching another mark at the bottom of the wall, so everyone gets to touch 2 marks and be equal. we also let pccs use the same bathroom, which is woke AF.

So it sounds like you make a reasonable accommodation and you're not looking for ways to make your ro's life harder. So it seems like me and you agree, least mostly. If  one set of people were starting inside a box I'd have everybody start inside the box. 

But now you made me curious: have you ever made pcc's start outside of a box when pistols started in? Or made pcc's start unloaded when pistols started loaded? For some reason I doubt it, but let me know if I am wrong 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RJH said:

But now you made me curious: have you ever made pcc's start outside of a box when pistols started in? Or made pcc's start unloaded when pistols started loaded? For some reason I doubt it, but let me know if I am wrong 

personally, i have not. i find its easy enough to make pcc shooters cry without resorting to overtly obvious tactics. as it is, most of them don’t read the stage brief.

I'd rather the WSB be clear about the start position and the stage be clearly marked as to where you are supposed to be ect... I have found throughout 6 years of doing this that many times I come up to a stage and can't find the damn marks. This is why I like the idea of "anywhere in the box" or anywhere out of the box". It gives the shooter all the freedom in the stage they want. And you as the RO don't have to keep making sure the marks are visible.