Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lynx Belt by DAA

Murzikrv

• 4 weeks later...

I like mine a lot but the only issue I have is it’s a little to big or a little too tight. Didn’t know about the half link until I read this thread so I may try that. 

I also just saw that GX gear is selling a ratchet system that uses a snowboard boot buckle screwed into some links so you can Ratchet it down to your size very smart but at $50 bucks plus wait time and shipping I think I may try to bubba something up myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 9:37 AM, TheChef1 said:

I like mine a lot but the only issue I have is it’s a little to big or a little too tight. Didn’t know about the half link until I read this thread so I may try that. 

I also just saw that GX gear is selling a ratchet system that uses a snowboard boot buckle screwed into some links so you can Ratchet it down to your size very smart but at $50 bucks plus wait time and shipping I think I may try to bubba something up myself. 

Ben Stoeger pro shop has the ratcheting attachments for less, got mine last week, game changer!!!

https://benstoegerproshop.com/daa-lynx-belt-ratchet-kit/

On 10/29/2022 at 6:37 AM, TheChef1 said:

I picked one up from gx, well worth it.. You don't have to drill anything out, comes with links, snap and go. Follow his IG page and he will post when back in stock. 

5 hours ago, Leezway said:

Ben Stoeger pro shop has the ratcheting attachments for less, got mine last week, game changer!!!

https://benstoegerproshop.com/daa-lynx-belt-ratchet-kit/

I bought the half link to try along with few other things. Unfortunately the package came I left for week and mysteriously the package is gone. I think my fire or step daughter tossed it since it was a light opened bubble mailer. might just get the ratchet next time around.

26 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

I bought the half link to try along with few other things. Unfortunately the package came I left for week and mysteriously the package is gone. I think my fire or step daughter tossed it since it was a light opened bubble mailer. might just get the ratchet next time around.

I can’t speak for the link belt.  But I recently upgraded to a ratcheting belt…. And it’s night and day. You won’t regret the ratchet setup 

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, tt350z said:

Here’s an inner belt option. It’s a little pricey purchased separately, but it’s what comes included with my tactical belt rig. 

It’s not your traditional loop velcro. There’s no “fuzziness” to it at all. Perfect match and very solid grip when paired with the lynx belt.

https://www.leaddevilusa.com/inner-belts/inner-belts-base-model

Also recommend a quality thigh pad. The belt is so rigid that the holster hanger will not flex out of the way. Coupled with paper thin shorts during the summer and it was pretty brutal.

I started running the Kore Essential "battle"belt inner seems to work ok but if it does wreck the velco its not the cheapest of replacements.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/battle-belt-1-75/products/inner-liner-belt

I bought one of the link belt kits and took my M2 rachet buckle off my DAA belt and installed it on the link belt system. It was very easy to do and makes the belt perfect for my heavy open rig setup. Very rigid , but conforms to my waist shape. I don't think it would be that hot for a lighter CO or PCC rig. It's taking a little to get used to the way it is flexible one way, but not at all the other when carrying it on my bag or in hand,,,

belt rig.jpg

I added the GX ratchet to my lynx belt, can't see myself going back. I've been lose weight on a steady track recently, and the half link would sometimes help, but it would be a paint to change the links up vs the ratchet. I have the M2 ratchet on another belt, and the GX style ones is much easier to release. the m2 ones are little bit more finnicky, and if you insert the belt strap above the little divots on the side... it's very hard to get out of... had to unscrew the strap and work the ratchet throught the ramps one by one.

I run a lynx belt with ratchet as well, I really enjoy it and the vertical stiffness, it really helped my holster from binding up on draws (which was a problem for me previously)

the horizontal flex can feel kinda weird at times but it doesn’t affect anything for me. I’d recommend the belt for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...

I acttually have both now, the GX ratchet has more metal and very easy to unbuckle. The BSPS is a little finicky to pull the release lever, not a lot of clearance to pull compared to the GX. Both are solid when locked but the GX feels nicer and is easier to undo. 

30 minutes ago, vluc said:

Thanks, might try the less expensive alternative first. 

6 minutes ago, Arcrunner said:

I actually have both now, the GX ratchet has more metal and very easy to unbuckle. The BSPS is a little finicky to pull the release lever, not a lot of clearance to pull compared to the GX. Both are solid when locked but the GX feels nicer and is easier to undo. 

I appreciate the response!  I'm satisfied with my current setup, but interested in trying the ratchet system without too much investment.  We'll see what I ultimately decide.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, vluc said:

I appreciate the response!  I'm satisfied with my current setup, but interested in trying the ratchet system without too much investment.  We'll see what I ultimately decide.

My thanks to you guys for the feedback both in and out of the post. I haven't noticed any issues with feeding the starp through once I saw how it worked.  That bad boy ratchets down very tight and snug, far better than the original equipment.

Attach211564_20230121_120659.jpg

2 hours ago, Pmatte1 said:

Notice a massive improvement with the ratchet? 
compared to full/half link with the lynx o ring buckle?

Yes, I have.  For me it was night/day. Can cinch it more, still feels very comfortable.  I had to play a bit with which link to remove to attach it, decided to start it closer to my holster as I wanted as little of the strap to appear towards the magazine side of the setup.  Now I don't have to tighten it as much as I did before moving it closer. I did not notice any issues feeding the strap in as an earlier poster indicated but then I have skinny fingers and found it easy to work the release mechanism.

Also set such that the buckle lines up at my midpoint, great point of reference when putting the belt on.  Highly recommend regardless of which system you choose to use.

Still might consider the GX product but I would have to actually see it/handle it.  If the only difference is a metal buckle versus the thermoplastic one, not sure if that is worth the extra $30.  YMMV.

Ive been using a ratchet as well. I greatly prefer it.

One of the main issues with the Lynx belt is that it wears out inner belt velcro very quickly. A ratchet makes that a non issue, as the belt will stay tight eve if the inner velcro is worn..

50 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Ive been using a ratchet as well. I greatly prefer it.

One of the main issues with the Lynx belt is that it wears out inner belt velcro very quickly. A ratchet makes that a non issue, as the belt will stay tight eve if the inner velcro is worn..

Now that is interesting. Hadn't noticed that, but I rotate between 3 DAA inner belts, but it's good to know! 

6 hours ago, vluc said:

Yes, I have.  For me it was night/day. Can cinch it more, still feels very comfortable.  I had to play a bit with which link to remove to attach it, decided to start it closer to my holster as I wanted as little of the strap to appear towards the magazine side of the setup.  Now I don't have to tighten it as much as I did before moving it closer. I did not notice any issues feeding the strap in as an earlier poster indicated but then I have skinny fingers and found it easy to work the release mechanism.

Also set such that the buckle lines up at my midpoint, great point of reference when putting the belt on.  Highly recommend regardless of which system you choose to use.

Still might consider the GX product but I would have to actually see it/handle it.  If the only difference is a metal buckle versus the thermoplastic one, not sure if that is worth the extra $30.  YMMV.

Awesome thanks yeah that sounds like the best course then lynx + ratchet probably the metal one. Since the only negatives I’ve seen anywhere about lynx was that it was wrecking inner belts. Makes sense that ratchet fixes that