Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lynx Belt by DAA

Murzikrv

I've had mine for a few months now. I love the thing. 

It's the stiffest belt you can buy, which is awesome- but not the main benefit in my opinion. Because the design allows it to easily roll on itself, it contours perfectly to your inner belt/ body. This means it distributes the weight much more evenly compared to traditional belt styles. 

I had my buddy try my rig on, and he couldn't believe how "light" my belt felt on him- come to find out my rig as a whole is actually substantially heavier than his, but because of the weight distribution feels much lighter. 

Definitely an upgrade to the traditional belt style imo.

I didn’t like it. Went back to a traditional belt. It is really stiff in 2 axes, and really floppy in rotation. A traditional belt is kind of stiff in all directions. To me, it was better to have the guns and mags more steady and not moving around and rotating around the links.

Edited by Silverscooby27

I used it for a couple matches, had a few complaints and went back to my old belt, then went back to the Lynx after just one match because those few complaints were fairly minor compared to what it is good at.  DAA added a half link extension that addressed the biggest complaint I had at the time, and the others were pretty minor when I considered how much better it supports/distributes weight.

I made a half link w a dremel and drill. A factory one might sway me.

Or better yet a belt that was half links everywhere I mount something. 

It's still not ideal to me if you have a 30" waist and 5 mag pouches. The less you carry on the belt and the bigger your circumference I think the more you like it.

Edited by rowdyb

On 9/12/2022 at 3:17 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

I didn’t like it. Went back to a traditional belt. It is really stiff in 2 axes, and really floppy in rotation. A traditional belt is kind of stiff in all directions. To me, it was better to have the guns and mags more steady and not moving around and rotating around the links.

Pretty much this for me also. How floppy it was in rotation led to inconsistent draws for me. There’s just too much movement with the belt. 

I was not fan of the idea when it first came out but after several fellow shooters in our shooting community bought it and gave it rave reviwes, I said, what the heck and bought it. I have been using it for 4 months and I have to say I am very impressed with the rig, really like the way it sits on my waiste and the rigidity of the belt is sold. 

👍

My first impressions were that draws super smooth and consistent because the holster hanger cannot flex. I did notice a lot of rotation. I realized that my inner belt was wore and so the outer belt barely stuck to the inner belt and it allowed a lot of movement because it would peel off. Changed to a new inner belt and it’s solid with no extra movement. Great belt for me.

Gotta be careful with pouch/ holster placement, needs to be placed on the joint instead of the link- helps mitigate rotation. As @tt350z mentioned, the correct inner belt is crucial- I have not had an issue with rotation myself but I can see why it might happen. 

I gave it a fair shot. I really tried to make it work. I tried a brand new inner belt, a stiffer inner belt, putting the holster and pouches all kind of different ways and it still rotated too much for me. Not only the holster, but also the mag pouches. Maybe I was expecting less movement in all directions and when I didn’t get it, I was disappointed. Rolling it up to put it in a bag was also not a big deal for me, because over years and years of doing this sport, I’ve figured out how to transport the belt. A holster or hanger that detaches off the belt and reattaches easily and in a repeatable way is a bigger improvement to the rig than the rollable belt in my opinion. I’m glad it worked out for other people.

I used the original BOSS hanger hardware. I notice the belt was a little to wide and caused the back plate to flex a bit so I used a razor and cut the hook side velcro off of 2 lynx.  This let the plate sit flush without bowing out.

I didn’t have any issues when I tried Tekloks either and they ate generally oversized and loose anyway. One tip would be to put the spacers at bottom of the latch so the bottom part can flex a in and latch if the belt is a little thick.

I have one, I haven't used it a ton though. I use it for PCC, but if the match wasn't going to require a reload I didn't wear a belt at all. It's extremely stiff in one direction vertically, but horizontally isn't not really stiff at all. So for PCC I felt like it let my mag move alot but it was fine. For a pistol it'd probably be better.

It was time consuming to put together. 

I like that it rolls up pretty small and fits in my bag. Really grabs your inner belt which is good. Can destroy inner belts, might be a negative. 

You could also have extra links with a holster attached, then switch holsters for different guns pretty easy. Haven't done that but could be useful. 

I really like my LYNX belt, it relieves the pressure on my back and hips that other belts caused, it’s stiff enough to that I don’t need to make it as tight as normal belts. Only issues I have are more related to the inner belt and how quick the LYNX belt wrecks the velcro on the inner belt

Here’s an inner belt option. It’s a little pricey purchased separately, but it’s what comes included with my tactical belt rig. 

It’s not your traditional loop velcro. There’s no “fuzziness” to it at all. Perfect match and very solid grip when paired with the lynx belt.

https://www.leaddevilusa.com/inner-belts/inner-belts-base-model

Also recommend a quality thigh pad. The belt is so rigid that the holster hanger will not flex out of the way. Coupled with paper thin shorts during the summer and it was pretty brutal.

Edited by tt350z