Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely L2 Grip

ogiebb

Finally gave in im ready for a steel grip on my Open Gun,i like the L2 cheely grip as i can still use my stock grip safety. been trying to read up here regrading fitting. i have a TX serial # frame. are the new Cheely grips almost drop in? if there is fitting needed do you guys have a link by any chance?.. Thank you in Advance

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I put Matt’s new style grip on an STI FRAME and all I had to do was work on it with some 800 grit sandpaper. It almost wanted to go on but was a tad tight. 

Thanks Sarge!!!.. you sanded the inside of the grip where grooves meet the frame right? ill play with it tonight.

3 minutes ago, ogiebb said:

Thanks Sarge!!!.. you sanded the inside of the grip where grooves meet the frame right? ill play with it tonight.

Yes used a block of wood to work the sides but most improvements came from sanding the face that touches the frame. And barely removed any material. Basically just shined it up 👍

25 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Yes used a block of wood to work the sides but most improvements came from sanding the face that touches the frame. And barely removed any material. Basically just shined it up 👍

Thanks Sarge i appreciate it!!!