Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best 2011 Handgun running today

M-Wtactical

You are correct, however Shay at Akai does.  I have personally shot a nemesis, as well as a custom akai with the tungsten barrel and stroke job.  Hands down without a question the akai did not recoil as much… However we are talking about very small difference.  Not necessarily as big of a deal with iron sights… But if I end up putting a optic on it, if USPSA changes their rules… I wanted to track as best as possible

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gunsbygiz said:

You are correct, however Shay at Akai does.  I have personally shot a nemesis, as well as a custom akai with the tungsten barrel and stroke job.  Hands down without a question the akai did not recoil as much… However we are talking about very small difference.  Not necessarily as big of a deal with iron sights… But if I end up putting a optic on it, if USPSA changes their rules… I wanted to track as best as possible

I would recommend gripping your gun as best as possible, then it will track the way you want it.

Stroking is primarily a reliability improvement, especially with light fast slides.  Any recoil changes are secondary.  That's why Dave Dawson started doing it back in the 1990s.  I've been shooting a pair of his Open guns that are stroked for the past 20+ years and they run awesome, even with well over 100K rounds each (2nd barrels on both, one is coming up on needing a 3rd).

3 minutes ago, shred said:

Stroking is primarily a reliability improvement, especially with light fast slides.  Any recoil changes are secondary.  That's why Dave Dawson started doing it back in the 1990s.  I've been shooting a pair of his Open guns that are stroked for the past 20+ years and they run awesome, even with well over 100K rounds each (2nd barrels on both, one is coming up on needing a 3rd).

Does this only apply to open guns? Or limited guns in 9 mm or .40?

Applies to everything.  Whether you need it or not for each depends on many things-- how light/fast your slide is, how reliable your mags are, how cool you want to be, etc.  Dave did a number of stroked Limited guns, even 6" Strokers.  I don't have one so can't provide any more useful info.

13 minutes ago, shred said:

Applies to everything.  Whether you need it or not for each depends on many things-- how light/fast your slide is, how reliable your mags are, how cool you want to be, etc.  Dave did a number of stroked Limited guns, even 6" Strokers.  I don't have one so can't provide any more useful info.

And I assume Dawson does not provide that service anymore?

11 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Gunsbygiz this is the third posting you've made about stroking guns.....you've even resurrected necro threads on it. 

Maybe just get one?

I’m sorry I thought the whole point of this forum was to share knowledge and experience?   I like to understand what I’m about to potentially spend thousands of dollars on and wait a year for. But if you want to buy one for me… I’m in sign me up

• 2 weeks later...

Mclearn custom guns 

matt builds quality pistols 

plus very personable knowledgeable and he was a national champ he knows what works and what doesn’t 

he will take the time to talk to you not email but talk a form of communication that is lost today 😂