Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX Competition Op Rod Broken

Hi!

I have a Sig MPX Competition since november 2021 and shoot almost 10.000 rounds on it (132-135 PF handload). Last weekend I had a problem during a match and after look at it saw that the bolt op rod broke! See the pictures…

I Google it and didn’t found nothing about this, so I would like to ask: Does anybody saw the same problem before? 
There is any place that I can buy a new op rod?

Thanks!

E4062179-0213-4441-A48D-51ECE1B3E024.jpeg

D5E79A2B-6FCB-4190-B72D-778B7BB5F212.jpeg

On 9/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, dmshozer1 said:

Thanks,

I like watching you kicking ass even though you shoot from the wrong side.

If I could create a second USPSA account to shoot PCC righty, I’d do it. But I’ve heard that’s caused people to get ban..

On 9/9/2022 at 9:04 AM, Bdh821 said:

I've never had that happen.  Call Sig and have them mail you a new one.  

I had that happen on one of my guns. The bottom of one of the little cylindrical tubes that the guide rods fits through cracked off and ended up down in the trigger group (where I later found it when the trigger stopped working. ) The gun was bought from another shooter who had put a large number of rounds on it.   I ended up getting another couple of those from in lead we trust just to have a spare.  If Sig won't send you another one check with In Lead We Trust as they sometimes have them in stock.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 9:18 PM, caspian guy said:

I had that happen on one of my guns. The bottom of one of the little cylindrical tubes that the guide rods fits through cracked off and ended up down in the trigger group (where I later found it when the trigger stopped working. ) The gun was bought from another shooter who had put a large number of rounds on it.   I ended up getting another couple of those from in lead we trust just to have a spare.  If Sig won't send you another one check with In Lead We Trust as they sometimes have them in stock.

Sig asked to send the whole gun to then... In Lead We Trust don´t sell it anymore. I´m f...ed, will have to buy the whole bolt assembly for $600 bucks! Sig never more...

9 hours ago, Gregg K said:

Does that mean Sig won't cover it if you do send it in? Many times they want the gun back but do cover the part.

Doesn't! But it's a PITA send a 16" barrel carbine to Sig just because a 2" little part that broke. I'm not asking then to discover any malfunction on the gun, I just wanna to replace/buy the op rod! But they sell only the whole bolt assembly, as I said before.