Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weigand Rear Blade

Squirrel45

Haven't seen any.  You can replace the sight blade on a S&W.  I use the .196" blade in competition and like it better than Weigand or Millets I have and better than the LPA of a friends I played with.

I do have a Weigand.125 x .085 kit NIB I'll never use.

3 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Haven't seen any.  You can replace the sight blade on a S&W.  I use the .196" blade in competition and like it better than Weigand or Millets I have and better than the LPA of a friends I played with.

I do have a Weigand.125 x .085 kit NIB I'll never use.

I think I have a .160 height on my 929 currently Ill have to check 

2 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

I think I have a .160 height on my 929 currently Ill have to check 

I like a very deep notch.  The Weigand I had used was a .088" depth while the .196 S&W has a .098" deep notch.  The .160" S&W is quite a bit shallower, probably be around .065" deep.

Have you called or emailed Jack in case he has some 'squirreled' away?  (Pun intended).  A hail mary and worth a shot.

Apex Tactical makes a .140 version of the rear blade replacement in steel as opposed to aluminum. You need to call as it's not a catalog item and is on the secret menu.

Be warned its more expensive than the Weigand version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, fraizer15 said:

As I get older, I find I need a deeper and wider notch along with a wider brighter front sight. 

I need more light, but I find that a skinnier front is a better way to get it. The skinnier sight picture gives more feedback when shooting quickly.

For reference, I'm 52 and just got fit for my first set of bifocals.