Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compact over full size?

Stafford

Anyone prefer a compact 19/23 model over the larger, full size models? I’ve seen several people shooting 19’s in CO. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a 23 in Limited though. I have a 23 that I carry at times and have considered trying it in Limited just to see how it goes. I have a 17 and a 22 and just prefer the size and feel of the 23.

The biggest/only real problem I see with compacts in CO is that the grip is shorter, and my hand extends past it, and I occasionally get pinched during reloads. 
I run a 17 in CO and a 34 when I shot production. My 19 sits in a Galco shoulder rig that I don’t use, but just looks cool. 

1 hour ago, Stafford said:

For those running a 17/34 in CO, are you adding weight? And what type of triggers?

Johnny Glock competition triggers, however with the new Johnny Glock vex trigger shoe for the timney trigger I think will also be a awesome trigger now

Good Day,

The 26 and 17 have worked well for me. I do prefer using the 26. The sub compact 26 simply drives better for me. I believe it is the lighter weight package. The only deviation from stock configuration is the installation of luminous night sights. The optional sights have a better sight picture and have been very durable. Also the option of having a thin front sight is helpful for quicker alignment. I hope this helps. Cheers!

Hi!

I have been shooting, and enjoying, the sub-compact, compact, and full sized Glocks for several decades. I have not observed any significant difference in accuracy shooting the different sizes. I appreciate the consistent performance across Glock product lines. Note: I've also not been compelled to make deliberate measurements for comparison  since I find they all perform well.

What I have noticed when shooting lighter weight pistols they require more hold effort to keep the gun steady while working the trigger. Guns with more mass, inertia, aren't so easily moved off alignment.

Have a good one! Cheers!