Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO Markings

oddjob

I'm buying a used SRO.  The seller doesn't have the original box.  I'm trying to figure out the dot size.  Are there any markings/label on the unit itself that would indicate dot size?  The seller has no idea (belonged to her late husband).

thanks

He bought it from a local shop and they sell the real Trijicon products.....Now the funny part.  I shot a match today and after the match I wanted to sight in the dot/gun.  Bang!!!  The dot dies... One shot. 

On 9/4/2022 at 11:46 PM, oddjob said:

He bought it from a local shop and they sell the real Trijicon products.....Now the funny part.  I shot a match today and after the match I wanted to sight in the dot/gun.  Bang!!!  The dot dies... One shot. 

Try to tighten the battery cover.

I've had brand two brand new ones do the same thing and tightening the battery cover cured it.

11 hours ago, oddjob said:

Can't take a picture....It's on its way to Trjicon.  I did tighten the cap...nothing

On the on the lens housing on the sides, was the Trijicon logo in raised lettering or was the logo painted on or a decal? My SRO has raised lettering, and pics of the ones on reputable sites are also. I've seen pics of supposed SRO's with the painted-style logo, and was suspicious.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, OPENB said:

Would you mind posting a pic of it for education of the rest of us? Just so many fakes running around out there.

Best way to avoid a counterfeit used Trijicon is to get the serial number and call it into Trijicon and ask for the specs for that serial number. If it doesn't match what the seller is saying, it's a fake. Most of the fakes use 3-5 real serial numbers, but it's unlikely they will match the actual specs of the optic itself. It's easier for RMRs because there are like 300 variations of them, but even the SRO has like 3 or so different dot sizes and the serial number should correspond to a single size. 

As part of the return process I had to send Trijicon the model number and serial number.  Trijicon later (one day) authorized the return/repair and sent me a shipping label.  Between the shop it was purchased from and the return process I'm confident it's the real deal. 

• 2 weeks later...