Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch advice for Dissident Vepr

Bad_Karma

I use a pair of kydex pouches i picked up off Enos used, don't recall brand, that needed a bit of thinning to snugly secure mags but they hold great now. i have them on els clips and one goes across the front of my belt sideways for a quick static position first mag change. the other i built a drop offset hanger on an els that positions itself so i grab it at the right height regardless of mag size and will hold a full 20 round securely and leans away from me without getting much in my way if i have to deal with other guns first.  pretty much all my mags also have kydex hangers taped onto them to slip over my belt around me and is the standard loadout method if the pouches are less than ideal.

Yep, thank you. That’s exactly what I’m thinking. One cross draw in the front and another on a drop offset. Glad to hear that’s working for you. Now I just need to figure out which company to go with. I’ll probably just see who has the quickest turnaround time. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks chase. I ended up buying some LAG Tactical pouches. 

I just got them set up and have been dryfiring with them in preparation for Memorial 3-gun next weekend. Think they are going to work perfectly.