Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using Anti Spatter Spray to reduce comp buildup?

I started using anti spatter spray in my comp to reduce buildup between cleanings in my PCC and 22. Nice thing with the 22 is I can screw my comp off and drop it into solution. 

I’m not sure I notice much if a difference. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, or I just can’t get the good stuff in California?

Description

Weld-Kleen Heavy Duty, a convenient solvent based, quick-drying aerosol that allows for pre-heat, higher duty cycles and higher temperature applications. Excellent for fixture and tooling protection. Paintable, non-flammable, no fluorocarbons.

Base metal and fixture applications become easier to clean and remove unwanted weld spatter. Regular use of these products reduces the need for grinding and other clean-up tasks. Cuts costs by reducing downtime. 20 oz aerosol can.

17 minutes ago, Scrounger said:

What’s your cleaning regimen? Maybe I’m applying it wrong?

For my revolver I clean the gun, spray it on, shoot it, wipe it off, reapply.

For my PCC, I clean the comp, apply it, shoot jacketed bullets, apply more, shoot it more, apply more....

...never clean the comp, don't care.

• 11 months later...
On 9/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, brian45acp said:

I was wrong, tried the welders anti spatter again today and it worked awesome. Much less build off and nothing needed to be chipped off. Just some carbon remover and brushes with scrapper tools. About half the work as usual. 

Which did you think worked better, anti-spatter or one shot case lube?

Edited by Scrounger