Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upcoming Proposals for Member Comment

ZackJones

6 hours ago, Thomas H said:

I wonder if some of it was "these seem like decent proposals, I don't need to comment on them"?  In other words, people thought they were fine and therefore saw no need to comment on issues or changes that needed to be made?  They figured unless there were a lot of negative comments, it was going to happen, and would be fine?

(After all, most of the time people are moved to comment, it is because they absolutely hate something.  Writing in support of something generally only occurs if it is incredibly important to someone.)

Thomas, good point. It may have been like you said, nobody saw anything objectionable and went about their business figuring that it was going to happen.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stats question, does anyone know how many people shoot steel Challenge, and  USPSA? Even more interesting how many members shoot both / exclusively one?  Finally how many non members shoot on average as well for either.  

And I agree with Tom, only when things are negative do people generally speak up. If its fine then ehh I'm good and don't pay it much mind. 

Edited by Squirrel45

When I received a follow up email from USPSA soliciting additional comments, the link did not work.  I had previously submitted comments and thought perhaps that was the reason.  Did anyone encounter the same problem with the email link?

FWIW..............

When I was in business, having between 400 and 600 employee's over nearly 50 years, It was not uncommon for 75-80% of the employee's would never volunteer comments in an open forum.  The remaining 20 to 25% would usually be split between those in opposition or in support or those that would volunteer additional comments to any new operational procedure changes we would be proposing.  So I am not surprised that the number of responses to the BOD's was a small number. 

However, if there were 79 (what was the actual number?) individuals (including me) that took the time to respond and offer comments, the board should break down ALL of the comments (not limited to just Peak Times) into categories and SHARE the input data with the membership.  

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm reading the DME presentation right, there were about 17K active steel shooters and 34K active USPSA shooters (total members & not) last year.  It doesn't detail how many or not are crossovers that shoot both.