Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger pc carbine/115 coated/n320 load?

23 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

Need to work up a load for my my dad and occasionally my daughter for the ruger pc carbine. It is stock so no comp. 
I would like to use what I have on hand  which is 115 grain,round nose, Bayou bullets and n320. 
This would be for USPSA. 

I shoot 115 RN FMJ’s with N320, I use 4,4 grain at 29mm oal giving me 135 PF

59 minutes ago, Sinister4 said:

3.2 gr N320 with pd 115 jacketed, runs great in my mpx   

That would be great. I run 147 grain Bayou Bullets with 3.2 grains in my pistol. All I would have to do is switch out  to the 115 bullets for pcc. 
what power factor are you getting?

Edited by jeremy kemlo

There is nothing unique, difficult or special for loading for the Ruger PC Carbine so any safe published load that works in your pistol with the same bullet weight and powder should function just fine.  I load 125 gr Blue RN coated bullets with 4.0 gr of either Alliant Sport Pistol or Hodgdon Titegroup and they work just fine in my M&P9 2.0 pistol, my Ruger PC Carbine and a JP GMR15.  No differences in loading for all of them.

9 hours ago, jeremy kemlo said:

That would be great. I run 147 grain Bayou Bullets with 3.2 grains in my pistol. All I would have to do is switch out  to the 115 bullets for pcc. 
what power factor are you getting?

Dang, sorry I typed it wrong its 4.2 grains n320 for 130-135 pf   the 3.2 is my handgun load with 147 blue bullets................my bad