Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are people using for ICORE stage design and WSB?

Speedwagon

I'm fairly new to ICORE and starting ICORE at our club. I find a fair amount out there for USPSA and IDPA stage design but can't find anything for ICORE. Hopefully folks and suggest what to use. I'm not looking to build stages with 3D printed props just yet, just something like Sketchup has for USPSA with stage designs and descriptions for Written Stage Briefings. 

Thanks all!

USPSA templates will work, you just have to change the scoring and penalties from points to seconds.

Plus ICORE allows static steel (like SC plates & courses) and boxes with designated targets.

It's Shots Limited and Shots Unlimited.  Another twist is the X Ring Bonus Stages where you get prescribed time OFF of your score for each X hit.

14 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

USPSA templates will work, you just have to change the scoring and penalties from points to seconds.

Plus ICORE allows static steel (like SC plates & courses) and boxes with designated targets.

It's Shots Limited and Shots Unlimited.  Another twist is the X Ring Bonus Stages where you get prescribed time OFF of your score for each X hit.

So you're saying you use USPSA targets in the in the ICORE WSB and just change the scoring? 

Just now, Speedwagon said:

So you're saying you use USPSA targets in the in the ICORE WSB and just change the scoring? 

No sorry, kind of overlooked that obvious issue.  I've been using a Power Point Template setup someone posted that has the Tombstone targets in it.  Then I copy/paste to a Word Template.

I tried to use Sketch Up and it just seemed like more work than I wanted.  Does come out looking better but stages get set up and thrown away so often.

IPSC132.PPTstretch.doc

I started an ICORE club under the auspicies, and insurance, of our local USPSA club last August.  At the IPM last weekend we had 19 shooters and 20 guns, most since we started up.  It's been fun, a lot of work (but I am retired) and everyone seems happy.  Have 2 more matches this year, hopefully 2 more tries at the IPM, and then take a break for winter.

Hope it works out for your club too.

I use Trident Stage designer. It only has one Icore target so it is kind of limited, but the  it does have a lot of uspsa/ipsc targets also. At times I use the uspsa targets in the stage design sketch and use the tombstone D-1 targets in the actual stage and the scoring is Icore/time-plus in my tablets using practiscore. To me the WSB is to give you an idea of what to expect in the stage. If the wsb shows a red car and the real stage has a blue car, big deal what is on the ground is what you are going to be shooting at.

I’m a commercial photographer with access to the whole Adobe Suite and thought that’ll be the way to go. Then I found some templates and ready made targets and props online that work with Office. So I’m designing in Word. Keeps it simple.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back to life. I started using Practisim and really like it. It's a bit difficult to install and figure out how to use but well worth the time taken to figure it out. Just takes time and patience and the YouTube videos really help. I've been in contact with the developer and he has taken the time to add to the ICORE library of targets both moving and plain cardboard. It seems that it was originally and mainly developed for USPSA but as I said, the developer has been enthusiastic to include ICORE. Generating the Written Stage Briefings are really easy to use.

Here is their website: https://www.practisimvr.com/

This is a whole library of YouTube videos on how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp2OE-AlIf0&list=PLgmbHng9jBREKl-ZQj-WdjUEHMMyufONX&ab_channel=AncientSkyGames