Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help picking out a 1911 in 45acp for single stack USPSA.

Canman

9 hours ago, Canman said:

If that’s true I won’t be getting one but I believe you can get them with a bushing barrel.

I Live right by the distribution center. I called and they said the government which is the 800ish model is only available in bull barrel. The saw varients are available in bull or bushing. the saw is sweet but its closer to the 1600-1800 range. 

3 hours ago, Nc1911 said:

but I believe you can get them with a bushing barrel.

Yes, it is available with a bushing barrel, I bought a Trophy SAW a while back and the gun is a real dream to shoot.

The Trophy Saw is but the cheaper Government (thats the actual name) model is not available in bushing

5 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

What the hell. I would have bought that over my Springfield. Bul themselves said they don’t have it. 

I got stung like that as well once.

What “they don’t have” and “they don’t make” are two different answers!

18 hours ago, Nc1911 said:

I got stung like that as well once.

What “they don’t have” and “they don’t make” are two different answers!

Yeah all well. I like my Springfield and it’s was super cheap and I’m happy where it’s at now. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:22 PM, Canman said:

Ok is it worth having the rail on the operator for a light vs the Bul government model? The Bul is less expensive vs the Springfield operator. Might be nice having the extra weight vs the Bul.

I'm not a fan of railed 1911s. Mostly for looks but seems like holsters are more available for models without rail. I certainly wouldn't spend more on the operator for a rail if its a comp gun.

• 4 weeks later...

Springfield Armory camp also. Found a used (<800 rds)Trophy Match 45 for 1200.00. Needs trigger cleaned up and a FO front Sight and skateboard taped front strap.

Also have a Ronin in 9mm, love it.

SA has great Customer Service as well. A used TRP I purchased lost the front Sight. Called SA and the provided a shipping label. Had the slide with new sights back within 10 days. Can't beat that.

Springfield Armory Customer for life.

JMHO

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a time when I'd have recommended one of the Dan Wesson PM series guns.

I've been well served with my PM-38.

XXAlmhT.jpg

gYeuEHI.jpg

Prices have gone up to the point where I'd likely give a harder look at a Les Baer PM2. 

I have three Baer 5" 45acp guns that have each been rock solid with excellent ledge thumb safeties, fiber front sights and superb triggers. 

Edited by DubfromGA

• 2 months later...