Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

365x macro

Raz22582

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot a local fun gun match meaning you could shoot anything from a pcc ,to a revolver. I shot my macro from appendix tier 1 holster axis elite, holosun 407k, tactical triggers trigger kit, I won the match very impressed with this little gun 

Edited by Raz22582

1 hour ago, CGoodwin said:

This is not helping me! Finished my P365XL build as I feel like the "comp" is a solution looking for a problem. Now I need to lay my hands on an X Macro...

PXL_20220924_035612775.jpg

I wish I could get my hands on one of these frames to see how they feel. They look comfortable. 

4 hours ago, X5SigChris said:

I wish I could get my hands on one of these frames to see how they feel. They look comfortable. 

It is SO comfortable. I may mill the finger ledge on the right side of the gun down a little as it catches my trigger finger going from frame index to the trigger. Getting some Tactical Development magazine base pads to improve my ability to strip a 12 round mag as needed.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:54 PM, CGoodwin said:

This is not helping me! Finished my P365XL build as I feel like the "comp" is a solution looking for a problem. Now I need to lay my hands on an X Macro...

PXL_20220924_035612775.jpg

Can you even call that a P365XL anymore?

Also, bought the X Macro.  Was not really a fan out of the box.  Trigger was stiff and gritty.  Just put a trigger kit in and some polishing made it much better.  It seems like there are a bunch of holsters now.  Kinda sucks that it won’t fit in the XL holster due to the picatinny rail.

14 hours ago, idleclamp said:

Can you even call that a P365XL anymore?

Also, bought the X Macro.  Was not really a fan out of the box.  Trigger was stiff and gritty.  Just put a trigger kit in and some polishing made it much better.  It seems like there are a bunch of holsters now.  Kinda sucks that it won’t fit in the XL holster due to the picatinny rail.

How about an IcaruZev P365XL?

• 1 month later...

I went the poor boy route. I already had an XL. I dig the sight situation on the Macro and the idea of a comp is cool/novel but, I think for the intended use (close distance defensive shooting) a comp is gonna be less thrilling than it seems.

For not buying an additional gun, Im totally digging the bigger grip.  I scored a 17 round mag and put 12rd base pads on my 15rds so they fit.

I would like to upgrade to the RMRcc eventually. 

A few thoughts on the comp: 

- At the closer distances a person would likely be using a gun like this, how much recoil management do we need? Go to the gym, learn to grip, hell its all point and click at street fighting distances.

- The kind of blast out of a comp (especially with some good duty/ccw ammo 'Gold Dot etc' in a close up and personal situation is going to punch you in the face like a boss. Save all that noise and blast for the A##Hole picking a fight.  I've done bent elbow shooting on our qual course at 1.5 yards with a comped P320 and its a wake up call, haha!

- Should you find yourself in a sitch where you are rumbling on the ground and get to your gun and have to do a point blank shot, will we be able to be mindful of where that upward blast of that recoil is going? (in our own face/eyes, nuts etc) Especially in the middle of a ground fight and if we are operating in the black...? (Yes, I've literally been in this situation, it sucks.)

Totally digging the Macro grip module though. Either choice is good, just stay strapped or get clapped dudes!  lol.  

Xmacro Grip .jpg

Since getting into IPSC more than a decade go, I've been buying and selling guns like crazy. My last carry gun was a Glock 19MOS Gen5 with an SCS red dot. I gave it away to a relative and have replaced it with a Sig P365 XMACRO.

This is my fourth P365 family member gun and is a very interesting breed. Shot recovery and high speed is much better than on my previous XL owing to the length of the grip and comp. The gun is in a class of its own for shootability, carryability and stopping power (besting than my previous all-time favorite, a 9mm Bul Commander). I use an XL length grip for running and carrying the gun in a groin holster, and have a Sig Romeo Zero red dot. 

Currently I cannot imagine replacing this gun for EDC. It's really good. I'm imagining that it's legal for IPSC Standard Division but have no plans to shoot it in competition.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the gun they should have made.  P365XL on a Macro Grip.  Holster is Tulster, and I am carrying it appendix.  I like the holster.  Romeo Zero is holding up so far.  Loved the XL, but this grip makes it so much more "shootable".  Gun is stupid accurate and you can run it like a real pistol now.  I prefer barrel length to a "comp".  

P365XL Macro .jpg

1 hour ago, superlifer03 said:

This is the gun they should have made.  P365XL on a Macro Grip.  Holster is Tulster, and I am carrying it appendix.  I like the holster.  Romeo Zero is holding up so far.  Loved the XL, but this grip makes it so much more "shootable".  Gun is stupid accurate and you can run it like a real pistol now.  I prefer barrel length to a "comp".  

P365XL Macro .jpg

I imagine that we will be seeing some similar factory options soon.

There is a thread on ARFCOM about a long slide Macro being teased - 

img_5103-1269x1536.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:06 PM, mSNACKS said:

Really wish they would sell just the upper so I could slap it on my XL. In true sig fashion I’m sure they will it might just take a year after everyone has bought the macro….man they are the best at that as a company

They do sell just the upper $499 from Sig when they are in stock.

EFDD6A56-7A0E-41C8-A374-11B9D44DCE9A.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Drell said:

They do sell just the upper $499 from Sig when they are in stock.

EFDD6A56-7A0E-41C8-A374-11B9D44DCE9A.jpeg

I wish my brain worked like that. I’d even up with a spare slide in the safe all sad and alone. So I’d buy a grip… then a FCU and poof. The really king way of having both lol

• 1 month later...

I really like my X-Macro, i just added a Holosun 507k to it, for a carry sized pistol it shoots surprisingly small groups, the trigger is very good out of the box, does the compensated slide make a difference, maybe.  Before adding the Holosun I used a G43 pocket holster for it, I am in the market for a leather pocket holster cut for the red dot now